SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 22-23 Storm Threat

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the cutoff is real.  What I dont think is real is these incredible amounts confined to NVA and CMD.  I believe that moisture will propogate to the north and east a bit more uniformly.  Just my feeling on how I believe systems like this should evolve (more in line with the NAM QPF output).

Is it really plausible that the low jumps east like the GFS is showing? The global models have been doing that which really makes the precip stop coming north.

It seems really suspect. 18z did it too but the bulk of the precip stayed with the "1st" low closer to the coast. 0z the precip follow the ots low. Weird but I guess it's plausible. 

man  the cutoff is scary though...but we do well.

I just cannot decide what to do. Financially I really can't afford to road trip right now (which is why I'm looking for a partner), but I can't miss the potential to see 3-4 feet in VA. Never experienced that. As far our area if I felt 100% that we'd have a good shot @ 20" I'd probably stay, but I can't gtd. that. A foot of snow is amazing, but 3 feet? I've never seen that much snow. The 2 times I road tripped to Boston I missed the jackpot zones. Nemo I was too far N, and last year too far S....

NBC Sheena is terrible, wish Glenn was on....I know it's just little things but she put her maps together she had northern DE in 14-18 and says 4-18, but has Salem county in 14-18+  again it's just the small stuff,(the + sign)  but shows she is a Tampa girl and doesn't appreciate snow the way we do......Glenn takes pride and gets excited for this kind of weather

I just cannot decide what to do. Financially I really can't afford to road trip right now (which is why I'm looking for a partner), but I can't miss the potential to see 3-4 feet in VA. Never experienced that. As far our area if I felt 100% that we'd have a good shot @ 20" I'd probably stay, but I can't gtd. that. A foot of snow is amazing, but 3 feet? I've never seen that much snow. The 2 times I road tripped to Boston I missed the jackpot zones. Nemo I was too far N, and last year too far S....

i think i would stay.  there is also the chance of a nice overpreform here, which is always a lot of fun.  Plus if we are on the edge of the heaviest precip, we can get some of the death bands, like 2/5/10.

NBC Sheena is terrible, wish Glenn was on....I know it's just little things but she put her maps together she had northern DE in 14-18 and says 4-18, but has Salem county in 14-18+  again it's just the small stuff,(the + sign)  but shows she is a Tampa girl and doesn't appreciate snow the way we do......Glenn takes pride and gets excited for this kind of weather

She screwed up a couple times during the 11pm forecast. Oh well....Glenn is clearly better.

Archived