Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NNE Winter 2015-16 Part 1

klw

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Event totals: 0.4” Snow/Trace L.E.

No major accumulations this afternoon, but we did pick up another couple of tenths on the board.  It looks like there’s another decent shot of moisture working into the area though:

19DEC15C.gif

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 32.2 F

Sky: Flurries

Snow at the stake: Trace

Looks good PF.  I hate the gap in the radar just to my NW. Squalls come over the spine and dissapear from Burlington radar.  I never know if they will reappear when they get closer to the Maine site.  Tall cells don't have a problem but the low stuff is so hard to see.  Maybe this second reinforcement of cold air will produce some more squalls down into Central NH.  

Solid squalls.

One more for the archives...J.Spin and Waterbury getting hit now in the 89 corridor

19DEC15D.gif

Yeah, solid snowfall here recently in line with that radar image - a mix of graupel and regular flakes.  At least an additional couple of tenths were put down quite quickly.

Should I stay up and see if they make it over to me?   Love to see a quick inch or two.  It would at least make tomorrow look wintery for one day.  Nothing showing up east of the Conn River yet.

What radar are you using?  I use Weathertap RadarLab and it shows almost nothing over Waterbury VT but your site shows its snowing hard!

Should I stay up and see if they make it over to me?   Love to see a quick inch or two.  It would at least make tomorrow look wintery for one day.  Nothing showing up east of the Conn River yet.

What radar are you using?  I use Weathertap RadarLab and it shows almost nothing over Waterbury VT but your site shows its snowing hard!

Weather underground radar in composite mode to see all elevations:

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-radar/united-states/vt/burlington/cxx/

There’s actually another streamer that looks like it may target the Winooski Valley in the latest images.

19DEC15E.gif

Just drove from the office Christmas party in Waterford back to Peacham.  Snowing like a bear the whole time, the roads were covered and there wind was very gusty.  Not a terribly fun go of it.  Not a ton on the ground, an inch at most here at the house.  More in St. J/ Waterford- maybe 2 inches there.

Wow pounding there it seems.

Yeah, we are definitely getting into it now – that heavier precipitation is moving right down the Winooski Valley from Burlington into our area.

19DEC15F.gif

It’s definitely the most robust precipitation today; I’ve got the J&E Productions Live Web Cam running for monitoring – cam accumulation since 6:00 PM:

19DEC15A.jpg

~1.5-2" around Burlington.  Seems the spine,  Mad River Valley especially, looks to be getting smoked a bit tonight as per radar. Wouldn't be surprised to see  6-8" somewhere from Sugarbush to Stowe tomorrow AM.  Wishful thinking that winter is trying to make inroads. 

If only this recent snowcover could start to erode what the models are showing for the next week+.  

Looks like about 2.5" here. It all fell between 10:30 when I went to bed and 3:00 when the results of my hors'duerve overindulgence at last night's Christmas party woke me up. Oh well, have to be at BTV for a 5:55 flight to ATL. Looks like my day has begun.

Looks like my accumulation estimating skills are a bit rusty. Closer to 4" on the ground when I got outside to lead off the car. Looks like about 2" here at the airport. I89 sort of sucked on the way up. Highway crews caught a bit off guard?

Looks like my accumulation estimating skills are a bit rusty. Closer to 4" on the ground when I got outside to lead off the car. Looks like about 2" here at the airport. I89 sort of sucked on the way up. Highway crews caught a bit off guard?

BTV to J.Spin to your area/MPV was the jackpot axis from looking at radar last night.

Even at like 2am it was still cranking down the I-89 corridor and although the echos stop at the mountains, you know that band continued downstream into MPV and your area.

Dec_20_radar_zps6yu2f463.gif

Archived