northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Define good? ORH averages maybe 3" in November and that average is a product of lousy Novembers and a rogue dumping.

It's well established how bad he is with climatology.

Never mind the variance aspect, if we look at actual snowfall events Hartford area averages 1.2 snow "events" greater than or equal to 0.1" in November. If we look at "a couple inches" they average about 0.4 events greater than or equal to 2".

Even December averages only 1.6 2"+ events down there.

But since cold season climo is actually based in ORH, those numbers are more like 0.5 and 1.9 for Nov/Dec 2"+ events.

Interestingly, if you run the numbers for events greater than or equal to 2 inches by daily occurrence at ORH, December shows a couple dates or windows that have been pretty good to the weenies.

You'll notice as the month goes on the ceilings are higher, and so are the floors. I threw on the 5 day moving average to show how the number of events by day does slant towards higher numbers by the end of the month, as you would expect.

post-44-0-37256700-1448264266_thumb.png

Mike, Is that you?

Chris and PF have been channeling me of late.

Interestingly, if you run the numbers for events greater than or equal to 2 inches by daily occurrence at ORH, December shows a couple dates or windows that have been pretty good to the weenies.

You'll notice as the month goes on the ceilings are higher, and so are the floors. I threw on the 5 day moving average to show how the number of events by day does slant towards higher numbers by the end of the month, as you would expect.

attachicon.gif2015-11-23_2-36-57.png

December 8 sure sucks! lol

31.0/21

2015-11-23_2-36-57.png

lol Dec 8 with the skunk

ECMWF anyway right?

They really watch that information like hawks. They are worried that people will reverse engineer Euro maps from our blended model guidance by removing the other models that go into it.

yeah...but it's more about the disclaimer on the wxbell site about euro data posted elsewhere.

Archived