joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9/30-10/5 Joaquin-Trough Interaction-MODELS

Rjay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even with a landfall near Wilmington, NC you're going to have strong Easterly winds for several days persisting at the NJ and NY beaches. You're also going to have a lot of tropical moisture streaming North from the PRE and then again as the ULL moves North. I just don't see a feasible outcome, sans Euro where the impacts would be minimal here. Of course a solution like the 12z GFS would have less of an impact, but still quite significant.

12z GFS would essentially be a longer lasting and rainier Isabel.

This doesn't make sense to me. A hurricane with well defined outflow, in a favorable environment, deepening to around 925-930mb, gets captured by the ULL and pulled directly west. I just don't buy it. I don't see this storm becoming that strong, sitting there and then just getting pulled due west. When it's towards the Delarmva region, that latitude would make more sense, as the baroclycnicity would increase and the storm would be moving over 72-75 degree waters vs 82-84 degree sst's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

This doesn't make sense to me. A hurricane with well defined outflow, in a favorable environment, deepening to around 925-930mb, gets captured by the ULL and pulled directly west. I just don't buy it. I don't see this storm becoming that strong, sitting there and then just getting pulled due west. When it's towards the Delarmva region, that latitude would make more sense, as the baroclycnicity would increase and the storm would be moving over 72-75 degree waters vs 82-84 degree sst's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

I tend to agree, which is why I wouldn't be surprise to see models course correct a bit north towards Maryland/Delaware.  If it does get captured as modeled currently, that would be very impressive.

Archived