• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Chicago area posters wanna chill and have a meet 'n greet?

Gilbertfly

Dates for the meet and greet  

14 members have voted

1. 1. when should we meet up???

• October 17th
    • October 24th
    • November 7th
    • November 14th
    • none of these work for me....i'll put an alternative option in a reply

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the poll closed...but since you were going to start this thread at the same time anyways Hoosier we should roll with the 9 to 9 vote...

With that being the case....maybe anyone who voted for the other days can choose between the 24th and 17th by this weekend...then we will officially close the poll?

My only concern is giving the longer travelers prep time...

I voted, and it just dawned on me that I am not cleared to drive yet. (Vehicle accident recovery continues). So you can disregard my vote, and toss a few cold ones back for me.

Well, the poll closed...but since you were going to start this thread at the same time anyways Hoosier we should roll with the 9 to 9 vote...

With that being the case....maybe anyone who voted for the other days can choose between the 24th and 17th by this weekend...then we will officially close the poll?

My only concern is giving the longer travelers prep time...

Schaumburgstormer did vote for 24th, so if we do disregard his vote as he would not be able to come, it would be 9 for 17th 8 for 24th.

Let's meet for beers. You staying in the loop or burbs?

Downtown.

My wife didn't get laid off, so the trip should still be on. We are taking AmTrak into town, I'll get the exact details and we can definitely meetup. I think he conference is the coming Monday, but we might as well get in early for the weekend.

Now the fun part, getting baby sitting lined up.

Looks like Sat 24th through Tuesday the 27th for me.

We have to cover Saturday, her employer covers Sunday and Monday night.

What hotel do you think is best under $250 a night in the Loop?

i think that just depends on what kind of deals are on the table on the usual priceline type sites. The new Hampton Inn in the Chicago Motor Club Building was just redone, it's pretty affordable and pretty sweet looking, it's also a nice central location.

http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/illinois/hampton-inn-chicago-downtown-n-loop-michigan-ave-CHILOHX/index.html

• 2 weeks later...

If you are interested let me know...or post here...whatever.

Originally was thinking the weekend after Labor Day weekend...on September 12th. RC and I live pretty close by each other and not too far from LOT itself.

Perhaps meet at a restaurant/bar near by...access via 355, I55, I88, etc....and/or chill at my house for more banter. I basically live at Boughton and Weber.

I will delete this thread if there is no interest or after the 12th...figured things are slow enough that the servers could handle it for a week or 2

Cheers

EDIT:  you can pick as many options as you want.  The one with the most votes we will run with for now.  Looks like Palmer Place in LaGrange, IL is being favored at the moment.  Try and decide by next Saturday.  At that point we will pick and roll with it.

Howdy neighbor... live around I/55 and Weber. Sorry was late coming into this thread.

I am going to bump this post as I would also like to know what is going on for next weekend as well, seems like the thread went silent.

Sounds like the weekend of the 24th works better for most at this point, including me. I'm happy to call and see if we can reserve something with the bar if we can get at least 6 of us to commit. I'm in. Who else?

Sounds like the weekend of the 24th works better for most at this point, including me. I'm happy to call and see if we can reserve something with the bar if we can get at least 6 of us to commit. I'm in. Who else?

I am fine with moving to the 24th but I would like to hear from everyone else in this thread.

Depending on time, I think I can make it. I believe I'm working til 8.

I will be a game time decision based on my health. Getting an injection into my spine today that will be the deciding factor as to if I am having a spine surgery. So, if I feel up to it physically, I will meet wherever (maybe take the train in) to put some faces to the names/avatars and throw back some brews. But at this point, count me as a no when figuring numbers.

I would love to at some point in the future have a Chicago based americanwx seminar/meet and greet with some presenters and such. Probably a long shot since the one they have is on the east coast, and our numbers pale in comparison; but I think that would be an awesome time to meet everyone, swap some stories, and get some learning in at the same time.

Archived