joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
A Summer September to remember

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are you seeing big winds? Just look at a pressure chart for starters, there's not a lot of gradient in our neck of the woods. It's more of a humid rain while your leaves sway in 10-18kt breezes.

Talking about the weekend storm..That TD could potentially strengthen rapidly over that bath water..and interact with trough Not talking bout mid week fropa

Talking about the weekend storm..That TD could potentially strengthen rapidly over that bath water..and interact with trough Not talking bout mid week fropa

Yeah I was talking about the weekend. But you seem to be speaking more hypothetical "could potentially...". If that's the case then yes there probably could be *more* wind than currently shown if that thing gets its act together. I haven't seen the EURO, but the other models aren't exactly impressive with a 1002mb TD moving nearby. It doesn't even have more than one or two closed isobars around it on the GFS.

If it strengthened considerably on the models and the trough was timed just right, then maybe something resembling gusty winds could occur. I just don't see how this would result in damaging winds in any scenario.

Rainfall and flooding will be the main headline with this. Even though it's been dry, a quick 3" in 12 hours can cause the usual urban and small stream issues. That and the public now thinks they live in Arizona where it doesn't rain, so a few big rain events in 7-10 days will get folks thinking they are back in New England.

Anthony Masiello ‏@antmasiello  1h

The incorporation of a tropical entity just turned up the impact potential this week on East Coast.

Have you seen what the week long NE winds did to the beaches in NJ? wow, it would be very very ugly if for some reason this blew up to more than what is progged. full moon goon

Archived