joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Erika

mappy

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh not crazy exciting here really except for some rain mainly east of 95. winds aren't that impressive.

Pretty low probs of wind impact here no matter which way you slice it. At least the way it looks now. It would require a near perfect track off the coast of e fl - carolinas - into obx and pass to our west. And would have to be a fast mover on top of it AND make landfall as a Cat 2+. That's a whole lotta wishcasting right there. lol. But I'm going to hold out for a cat 4 right up the bay until it's off the table. And I'm going to buy a megamillions ticket. 

Pretty low probs of wind impact here no matter which way you slice it. At least the way it looks now. It would require a near perfect track off the coast of e fl - carolinas - into obx and pass to our west. And would have to be a fast mover on top of it AND make landfall as a Cat 2+. That's a whole lotta wishcasting right there. lol. But I'm going to hold out for a cat 4 right up the bay until it's off the table. And I'm going to buy a megamillions ticket. 

Yeah pretty hard to get a huge wind maker here overall.. need something coming in fast in general. 

The CMC shows an ocean derecho if it can go just a bit more west

ha yes. I'd probably favor the south track to get any remnants in here.. think a strong north track ends up more OTS if it happens. officially, I'm expecting nothing. 

Too bad nothing is showing a front/trough traversing the middle of the country after landfall. Tropical getting absorbed into a front has made some pretty prolific rain events in these parts along with spinups and training. I'm not seeing anything strong in the steering dept next week. Would suck for it to make landfall and just spin itself out over a relatively small area. My yard is about as dry and crunchy as it gets. I've missed out on all the recent rain ops.

Too bad nothing is showing a front/trough traversing the middle of the country after landfall. Tropical getting absorbed into a front has made some pretty prolific rain events in these parts along with spinups and training. I'm not seeing anything strong in the steering dept next week. Would suck for it to make landfall and just spin itself out over a relatively small area. My yard is about as dry and crunchy as it gets. I've missed out on all the recent rain ops.

The Canadian is likely too conservative on intensity for whatever reason. Just taking the blend between globals and mesoscale models places most of us in a precarious position with a blocking ridge in place. Not to mention the beach erosion from such a track would rival storms like Ash Wednesday 62 and Sandy (south of Atlantic City).

To further illustrate my point and reveal the true potential of Erika, the consensus is growing for a track east of or along the Florida coast. The only unknown is the North Atlantic setup. A properly timed +NAO almost guarantees a stall and Erika is well placed in the flow to get strung up along the EC.

gfs-ememb_lowlocs_atl_33.png

So will the twin 1019 highs hold it snug or will the 1019 high to the west force it out.

The important point is that the above pattern almost gurantees a US landfall from the NE or SE for somebody. Alot can change in 240 hours.

Don't get me wrong, it is a bizarre setup that would take awhile to play out.

It's mostly being driven by the eastern/southern ridge it seems.. drops into the Bahamas area as it tracks along. There is a weakness in there between that and the piece over land. Scenario makes logical sense. Not really quite a pattern that typically causes northeast threats though the west option is certainly still on the table. 

Archived