• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
First day of spring snowstorm(3/20) OBS

The Iceman

Excellent.  Almost got there in Spring Mount...certainly was more than I thought we'd get.

Great event

I have a dilemma my back up measuring spot the glass deck table has 6.2" and it wasn't even cleared. What the fudge makes no sense!

Do i go with the bigger number?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the snow about shut off here.  Getting some mixing out there with some flurries, a little IP and possibly some freezing drizzle. Vis > 2 miles

OBS

Flurries, light IP, light freezing drizzle

Temp 30.9F

DP 30.7F

Winds SE, light w/gusts

Finished up with about 4.25" wet inches or 12.75 barleycorns. :lmao:

Been in Princeton without internet access since 10 am.  When we left there at 4 pm, they had 3" on the ground and it was 32F.  Roads on the way back to Metuchen (27 and 1) were getting slushy with moderate to heavy snow falling and the sun getting low in the sky - took an hour to get back (normally a 30 minute drive).  

As of 5:15 pm, here in Metuchen, it's 31F and we have 3.25" of new snow and it's ripping out there (was lighter when I got back around 5 pm) - definitely heavy snow with slightly less than 1/4 mile visibility - gorgeous snowfall, clinging to everything with no wind.  3.75" is a lock, which would bring me to 50" for the season - thinking we get 5", looking at the radar.  Nice little storm.  

Just got in from shoveling and building my best snowman of the year (spring guy, with beach towel, chair, golf club, boogie board, etc.) and as of 6:50 pm we have 4.5" on the ground and it's 31F.  Looks like another 30 min of snow by the radar, so maybe we get to 5" by the end of the storm.  

4.5" puts me at 50.75" for the season - wow!  

Warrington, Bucks County, PA.   Light drizzle.

32.5 degrees.

Snow total:  5.9".    Incredible Spring day.

I was ready for Spring after the last storm, now I am even more ready.  (I had to SHOVEL this as I put the snowblower away).

Time to clean the clubs, get the golf balls and fishing licenses and load up the reels.

Just got in from shoveling and building my best snowman of the year (spring guy, with beach towel, chair, golf club, boogie board, etc.) and as of 6:50 pm we have 4.5" on the ground and it's 31F.  Looks like another 30 min of snow by the radar, so maybe we get to 5" by the end of the storm.  

4.5" puts me at 50.75" for the season - wow!  

It's been snowing lightly on and off since my last measurement, so we got about another 1/4" for 4.75" for this storm.  Still snowing lightly right now, as a small lobe of precip is over our area.  At 51" for the season, after 62" last winter.  NYC has only had >50" in two consecutive seasons once, with 50.7" in both 1915-16 and 1916-17.  Last year Central Park had 57", but this year they're only at 44", so they likely don't make it this year (we've had several storms this season where we had an inch or two more than them).  

Archived