Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Late Winter/Early Spring 2015

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least we all should have expected it..

I know I did, it was what I was most worried about happening.

GFS is further south again. 

Unreal. When we need a trend north, the storm sags south. 

This winter has been worse than most in that regard, at least anecdotally it seems every area South, North, East, and West has gotten all the good hits.

Still to early to give up yet, but the NAM and GFS are both troubling. I thought the GFS would come a bit closer to the NAM not the NAM trend towards totally caving to it especially given other global guidance was looking like a compromise between the 2.

**** this, we all knew it would happen. Doesn't take a met to know the outcome for our area. I thought this was the storm for us, just like the SB storm. It looks like 2-4 for us while south of us gets hammered. Ahhhhh why do I even track these stupid storms.

**** this, we all knew it would happen. Doesn't take a met to know the outcome for our area. I thought this was the storm for us, just like the SB storm. It looks like 2-4 for us while south of us gets hammered. Ahhhhh why do I even track these stupid storms.

I didnt realize it was Friday already and we were doing post mortem...

I didnt realize it was Friday already and we were doing post mortem...

You have to admit though, the writing is on the wall. That said, the last storm I did way better than I thought. Might have only been 4 inches on the ground where I was at in West View, but probably a total accumulation of about 6 or 7 inches with the compaction. I stayed basically all snow.

MDZ001-OHZ069-PAZ031-075-076-WVZ004-012-021>023-041-040045-
/O.NEW.KPBZ.WS.A.0006.150304T2100Z-150305T2100Z/
GARRETT-MONROE-GREENE-FAYETTE-FAYETTE RIDGES-MARSHALL-WETZEL-
MARION-MONONGALIA-PRESTON-TUCKER-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...OAKLAND MD...WOODSFIELD...WAYNESBURG...
UNIONTOWN...CHAMPION...OHIOPYLE...MOUNDSVILLE...
NEW MARTINSVILLE...FAIRMONT...MORGANTOWN...KINGWOOD...PARSONS
1133 AM EST TUE MAR 3 2015

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PITTSBURGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...6 INCHES OR MORE.

* SNOW BEGINNING...LATE AFTERNOON WEDNESDAY.

* PERIOD OF MOST INTENSE SNOW...WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY
MORNING.

* SNOW ENDING...THURSDAY AFTERNOON.

* IMPACTS...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED DUE TO
REDUCED VISIBILITY AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.

Uk Met apparently a little south

GGEM stayed south

And everyone in AGH is gonna get fringed. I would bet money on it. We can analyze models all we want, but at the end of the day the trend is not our friend. Again 2 degrees could make a huge difference. We need the cold front to slow down.

I think there is still room for this to move either more north or south depending on the what the current storm moving through today does. 

I am already above 32 and the precip has jumped north. This are going to either get interesting again tonight with a move back north or the storms continues off to the south east. Take your pick.

Dont watch if you dont want some bad news..Bernie says every model run here on out goes south.  He says  current Accu map is not correct.  Has too much snow north. He has a line in the Pgh area for 1-3

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/top-videos/video/2430839568001/snow-to-produce-major-delays-thursday-across-mid-atlantic?autoStart=true 

Dont watch if you dont want some bad news..Bernie says every model run here on out goes south.  He says  current Accu map is not correct.  Has too much snow north. He has a line in the Pgh area for 1-3

http://videowall.accuweather.com/detail/videos/top-videos/video/2430839568001/snow-to-produce-major-delays-thursday-across-mid-atlantic?autoStart=true 

Good thing this guy been wrong evrey time. He makes Mateo look like bob kutzma. Lol

Dont watch if you dont want some bad news..Bernie says every model run here on out goes south. He says current Accu map is not correct. Has too much snow north. He has a line in the Pgh area for 1-3

Once a trend starts this close to an event, they rarely go the other way. We've seen it all too often here.

Don't like what he is saying, but gotta love his enthusiasm.

Archived