Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Late Winter/Early Spring 2015

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did he even say there is potential? That's ridiculous. I certainly don't want him being a weenie about it and starting a panic, but at least inform people that there's is potential for something.

I won't lie.. I wasn't paying close attention.  I think he just mentioned snow showers.  Wish I could go back and re-watch that.

Edit: Just watched it online.. Rain/snow mix.  No accumulation into Thursday.  Just polar air coming in by Wednesday night into Thursday.  "Flurries in the afternoon" for Wednesday.  Cold/Cloudy for Thursday in the 5-day.  Wow.

Just sitting here waiting for this to trend away. We've all been through this so many times we just expect the worse. It's terrible.

My expectations are low for this one, and not just because we've been disappointed so many times. A lot has to do with timing on this one. A lot has to go right for us to be in just the right spot to get something significant. Still a lot of uncertainty in that regard. We usually don't get lucky with these types of setups. Weren't we in a good spot at the beginning of February and it ended up trending too far north? This one will probably end up being too far south, knowing our luck.

My expectations are low for this one, and not just because we've been disappointed so many times. A lot has to do with timing on this one. A lot has to go right for us to be in just the right spot to get something significant. Still a lot of uncertainty in that regard.

That's about the only good thing about these past couple years. I've really learned how to temper my expectations.

Verszyla caling for no accumulation.

:facepalm: I mean he may be right, but a  bold call I think at this point. Last storm he called for all  \ mostly rain, and it was probably the second biggest storm, at least imby of the year. Really I think he just plays the odds in these situations and those always favor a low or no impact outcome. That being said I think its a disservice to not mention that some accumulation is possible especially SE of the city but forecast will be fine tuned as we get closer. Honestly I quit watching the local forecasts since early February and just use NWS and the models to get an idea of whats going to happen. Much less frustrating. Anyways, I don't want to start a TV Met bashing rant but I find it almost as irresponsible as a weenie forecaster calling for a blizzard vs something like this totally dismissing any impact.

:facepalm: I mean he may be right, but a  bold call I think at this point. Last storm he called for all  \ mostly rain, and it was probably the second biggest storm, at least imby of the year. Really I think he just plays the odds in these situations and those always favor a low or no impact outcome. That being said I think its a disservice to not mention that some accumulation is possible especially SE of the city but forecast will be fine tuned as we get closer. Honestly I quit watching the local forecasts since early February and just use NWS and the models to get an idea of whats going to happen. Much less frustrating. Anyways, I don't want to start a TV Met bashing rant but I find it almost as irresponsible as a weenie forecaster calling for a blizzard vs something like this totally dismissing any impact.

There is still bust potential with this storm but he should at least mention the possibility.  WPXI showed 3-5 inches for all of AGC with possible adjustments with the track.

Archived