• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Late Winter/Early Spring 2015

I haven't seen this large a spread in snowfall between the three stations in awhile.

Makes things more interesting though.

Agreed. Snow totals are such a crap-shoot though to try to go more than 5in from climo one way or another. You can nail the pattern and completely miss on totals if things break the wrong way.

Wonder if the snow cover in Siberia will help out or not. Although it seemed to be a total bust last year this year seems to be on the increase during the right times rather than the early build up and late melt off we saw last year so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be winter without Jeff V pissing me off somehow. He must really think that the El Nino is not gonna weaken and cause mild temps. Do I really have to pull out his temperature forecast from last year or the year before.

Well I am sure he is just parroting Accuweathers Winter forecast, not his own. 

Agreed. Snow totals are such a crap-shoot though to try to go more than 5in from climo one way or another. You can nail the pattern and completely miss on totals if things break the wrong way.

Wonder if the snow cover in Siberia will help out or not. Although it seemed to be a total bust last year this year seems to be on the increase during the right times rather than the early build up and late melt off we saw last year so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Of course this is just MHO, but I think the chances of us ending up below Kdka, or above Wpxi's forecast, is greater than Wtae's middle of the road forecast.

Temps are likely to be above normal overall, however the position of the STJ could be the wildcard.

Too far east, and we end up with fewer moisture laden systems.

However if in a good spot, we get more opportunities at a significant storm.

Ryd10, on 29 Oct 2015 - 9:32 PM, said:snapback.png

Wouldn't be winter without Jeff V pissing me off somehow. He must really think that the El Nino is not gonna weaken and cause mild temps. Do I really have to pull out his temperature forecast from last year or the year before.

Well I am sure he is just parroting Accuweathers Winter forecast, not his own. 

Listening to KDKA radio the other afternoon, and their promo for the TV news said Jeff was going to the NWS for his winter forecast this year. They made it sound so special...

Archived