• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Late Winter/Early Spring 2015

So naive. The front is gonna sag the moisture south. HRR and RUC already blew it with the false wave this morning.

Yea, I thought when I woke up and it was snowing the short term models were going to verify.  But of course that isn't happening.   Anyone in AGC will be lucky to see 4 inches as thing front keeps going more an more south.  

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I thought when I woke up and it was snowing the short term models were going to verify. But of course that isn't happening. Anyone in AGC will be lucky to see 4 inches as thing front keeps going more an more south.

So you are saying all precipitation will stop ? Noaa is saying different what are u seeing that there not?

Yea, I thought when I woke up and it was snowing the short term models were going to verify. But of course that isn't happening. Anyone in AGC will be lucky to see 4 inches as thing front keeps going more an more south.

My thoughts exactly. Its not like its a low pressure just traveling in one direction. The front is gonna sag and AGH county is gonna see suppression depression.

Ok if the low isn't stoping it from sliding south so Morgantown. Is be sunny soon. Because there is no low to keep it in place?

No thats not the point. The reason why Pgh is not gonna get heavy snow is because the moisture is riding on the frontal boundary. Because the frontal boundary is faster and sinks south faster we miss the heavier snows.

No thats not the point. The reason why Pgh is not gonna get heavy snow is because the moisture is riding on the frontal boundary. Because the frontal boundary is faster and sinks south faster we miss the heavier snows.

This

Originally the NAM had a strong more amped storm moving along the cold front, this slowed the front down keeping the train of moisture over our heads. Of course as always when any model shows a big storm for us it was wrong, the storm ended up weaker, thus the front can sag further South which puts areas along M/D line and South under the train of moisture.

Archived