Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Late Winter/Early Spring 2015

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyways, we've got moderate to heavy snow here in Washington. The side roads are already snow covered and slippery. Probably closing in on a half inch soon. Exposed grass quickly getting covered. Some of the ground is still covered by existing snow.

Washington will do better for this then most.

Yeah, I think you will do well on this one. It took all winter, but you finally have one where being South is good. :)

and he isn't really even that far south, why this is just a weird system a few miles makes a difference.

Its going on 8PM and not being negative, but my driveway or road isn't even covered. Not giving up, but I thought by now it would be.

Not sure what part of Bethel you are in, but I got over 7 from the Super Bowl inverted tough storm and 6 inches from the V-Day clipper and squall line storms.

I got 5 from the first and 4 from the second one. I remember you saying you got 6 from that last one, which surprised me. When I eventually got home I measured 4. I definitely haven't seen 6 or 7 from anything this season. I've had that much on the ground, but haven't received that much from an individual storm. We'll see how this one shakes out. Coming down moderate to heavy where I'm at now.

and he isn't really even that far south, why this is just a weird system a few miles makes a difference.

Its going on 8PM and not being negative, but my driveway or road isn't even covered. Not giving up, but I thought by now it would be.

Latest HRRR shows it snowing atleast for the next 15 hours. We shall see how this plays out. Bernie tweeted his worried about bust potentional saying this could end up further north. Fwiw

Keep those NW winds away for awhile. Lets keep that front hung up for as long as possible. :snowing:  The last minute tick North is a good sign. I know when its the other way around and we need a quick passage it seems like its always slower than what we need. Even if it only allows the precipitation shield to jog 10-20 miles North it would make a lot more people happy in this thread. Too bad Fries isn't on duty for NWS discussions. The one posted now is pretty paltry, then again maybe there isn't much to say.

Winds have picked up out of the NW.
This event has a more wintry feel to it now.

This morning I thought the biggest risk was the dry Arctic air scouring out the moisture. Now it's looking like the ever-present warm tongue is going to be the bigger factor.

Not for AGH county. The warm tongue will not affect this negatively.

I got 5 from the first and 4 from the second one. I remember you saying you got 6 from that last one, which surprised me. When I eventually got home I measured 4. I definitely haven't seen 6 or 7 from anything this season. I've had that much on the ground, but haven't received that much from an individual storm. We'll see how this one shakes out. Coming down moderate to heavy where I'm at now.

Keep in mind that squall line storm had crazy winds, blew everything around.  I remember you saying you got home later and it would have been tougher to get accurate measurements then.  

Keep in mind that squall line storm had crazy winds, blew everything around. I remember you saying you got home later and it would have been tougher to get accurate measurements then.

Yeah, it was. That probably affected it I'm sure. I tried measuring in different parts of the yard and that was about the average for me, so that's what I went by. Anyway, still ripping outside. Winds are picking up at times now.

Archived