• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pittsburgh, PA Thread: Late Winter/Early Spring 2015

Got close to 5" here. Still coming down. Roads are impassable.

This was a nice little event. Not going to lie, once we spring forward I usually switch to wanting warm temps. Soccer starts next week and we could hit 50, so if this is it I wouldn't be upset.

We fought with each other, but it was a decent season. Learned a lot. Hope we see some nice thunderstorms this spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone

Ya. It would be nice to get under a super band somehow today with these frigid temps. It could add up

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is either false returns or cold air being picked up. Latest observations from Ohio shows nobody is or has been reporting Preciphttp://forecast.weather.gov/obslocal.php?warnzone=OHZ055&local_place=Columbus%20OH&zoneid=EST&offset=18000Precip looks like it moved off. Stopped snowing here. Sent from my iPhone

That part is the part that's over us now.

Look at Columbus Ohio it's moving back north even noaa mentions it. It doesn't start snowing. In 10 minutes it's takes time to move ne

Please stop. Columbus isn't reporting snow.

Their traffic cams aren't showing snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their latest discussion:

NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

MADE SOME MINOR CHANGES TO POPS TO BRING SNOW OUT JUST A BIT

QUICKER GIVEN LATEST RADAR TRENDS. HOWEVER...DID INCREASE SNOW

TOTALS IN THE SOUTHEAST RIDGES...AS MODERATE TO HEAVY SNOW IS

EXPECTED TO CONTINUE FOR A FEW MORE HOURS. THIS AREA IS ON THE

BACK EDGE OF AN AREA OF ISENTROPIC LIFT AND H850-700 FRONTOGENETIC

FORCING...SUPPORTING THE HIGHER RATES. STILL FORESEE THAT THE SNOW

WILL MOSTLY WRAP UP BY LATE AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING. TEMPERATURES

ARE IN GOOD SHAPE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We may or not have another chance for a snowstorm but if this is the last one. The result is very fitting for how the winter has gone. About 4ish here and my road is impassable in my car.

Well I haven't been following the medium \ long term to closely the past several days but those getting ready to pack the pants and long sleeve shirts in the attic over the temps progged for next week might want to rethink that. There are rumblings of the -EPO rebuilding and possibly a -NAO. I know this is just one run of an OP but sure doesn't scream warm to me, and it looks like it wants to spin up a big storm possibly too:

gfs_namer_219_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

Sure it won't be as cold as it has been since it will be mid March but if something like this verifies I doubt we are done with snow. Next week does look fairly quiet though that's for sure.

Well I haven't been following the medium \ long term to closely the past several days but those getting ready to pack the pants and long sleeve shirts in the attic over the temps progged for next week might want to rethink that. There are rumblings of the -EPO rebuilding and possibly a -NAO. I know this is just one run of an OP but sure doesn't scream warm to me, and it looks like it wants to spin up a big storm possibly too:

Sure it won't be as cold as it has been since it will be mid March but if something like this verifies I doubt we are done with snow. Next week does look fairly quiet though that's for sure.

I have been hearing about the return of very cold temps around St. Patty's Day and possible storm during that time period.

Yeah it looks like even an NAO may pop up which would make the cold even stronger. Lets see how it plays out. I for one will enjoy a week of 40s and no snow.

Archived