joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Threats/Snow Storms Pt. II

mitchnick

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like the 00z guidance continues to show this pretty wild setup for big snows.  Still, have to wait and see how this plays out.  But its going to be a wild week for tracking weather.  Have to still watch late Tuesday for wintry precip, but then the heavy rain threat.  Then finally the one we are looking forward to..

If the front can stall close enough, and have those waves form along the front, hoping the qpf can ve at least 2 inches worth once the arctic air moves in.  To me this setup is like a highway of big time moisture rolling in from the Gulf.  

Well, time for some sleep.  If I can't sleep, I'll look at the Euro run.. 

I can't find any discernible trends in the models in regard to which direction this "threat" is going.   All about timing the cold air push with the moisture coming in...        Could be PA.. could be VA.. and points in between...    I guess NC could still be in the mix, but looking like that is out of the question at this point. 

It's hard to tell the exact flip for dc/bwi. Prob 3am or so. But it looks like close to .7 as snow. It's a region wide pasting. Great run.

KY get destroyed. Not sure what their records are but this year could be a version of our 09-10 if it goes down like the euro shows.

3am seems about right...

I can't find any discernible trends in the models in regard to which direction this "threat" is going.   All about timing the cold air push with the moisture coming in...        Could be PA.. could be VA.. and points in between...    I guess NC could still be in the mix, but looking like that is out of the question at this point. 

Based on this run of the euro this threat is going in the direction of your house.  Take shelter.

Archived