• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA & The Fringes - Early March 2015

MAG5035

Tied a record low so far at Millersville of 4. A little time remains to break it. Can we do it?

Edit: Yup. We sure can. Down to 3 now. Still some time left to keep dropping too. This 50 day stretch has been one to remember

put it in the books at 5.5". Season to date 37". After the Record setting February, i'm ready for spring and summer and all the activities associated with them.

Its damn cold this morning, i had 9 in my Tahoe at 5am on my way to work. Our parking lot is a Cluster @%!# right now, solid ice. I used up almost the rest of my salt for the season on it....

My daughter text me last night, she is still at school has 1 more class today. She says "how much you get" i said 14"......She replies "yeah, bout the same here" we got a good kick out of that.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit -8 this morning. Just crazy for March. Easily the coldest temp I've observed in my 8 years of data.

11" snow depth

after making the trip down to my mmts unit which is in the shed about 100 ft behind house, the display read -9.9.    the mmts can catch temp changes that my others stations can't being it's live.  so the offical low this morning was -10 which now makes that my coldest temp ever!

put it in the books at 5.5". Season to date 37". After the Record setting February, i'm ready for spring and summer and all the activities associated with them.

Its damn cold this morning, i had 9 in my Tahoe at 5am on my way to work. Our parking lot is a Cluster @%!# right now, solid ice. I used up almost the rest of my salt for the season on it....

My daughter text me last night, she is still at school has 1 more class today. She says "how much you get" i said 14"......She replies "yeah, bout the same here" we got a good kick out of that.

We likely had somewhere around 18:1 ratios yesterday that compacted through the event to make it closer to 15:1.  My storm total depth of 5.4" compacted to 4.5" already by this morning.  I am expecting a good bit of melting today with the full sunshine

Also, I had a low of 2 at the house but it looks like MDT is reporting a 6 hour minimum of 0F which if verified would break today's record low by 7 degrees and breaks the all time coldest reading in the month of March by 5 degrees (previously set in 1984).

Other lows I have seen from the 6 hour min reports at 7am:

KLNS -> 0F

KTHV -> -12F

KAVP -> 4F

KMPO -> 0F

KIPT -> 1F

KAOO -> 2F

KJST -> -2F

KPIT -> -3F

Crazy cold again this year for going into the second week of March! Took a walk in my yard and the snow is deep powder. Almost felt like I should have snowshoes. Great exercise like running on the beach. The fact that this snow is such high ratio snow at this latitude this time of year really says something about how remarkable the cold has been the last two seasons. Even this summer it was the first time I ever recall temps in the 40s with cold winds during a 4th of July BBQ. Keeping beer cold that night was no problem. Had to crank up the bon fire and put on a thick fleece to stay outside. The cold shots have been impressive lately in these parts.

Archived