• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS: Snow/wind/cold Saturday-Sunday-Monday 2/14-16/2015

famartin

Just went outside for my last measure as the wind has started to pick up now, so anything after this I just honestly can't call accurate.. 2.6" in round 2, 3.7" for the storm. I think with this next band coming through, we will get over 4 inches!Edit: and as soon as finish typing this post, heavy snow has resumed.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy dendrites, Batman!  Just got 3" of new snow in 1 hour; 3.25" on the ground and still snowing moderately.  For one 20 min period, I got 1.5" in heavy, heavy snow with visib maybe 1/8 of a mile.  Wow, just wow.  Must be 15-20 to 1 ratios - was able to use a broom to move all the snow aside in minutes.  Freakin' gorgeous outside - get away from your keyboards if you're lucky enough to get in a band like this one.  

Just a few light flurries now.  Picked up another 1/4" in the last hour, putting my total at 3.5" today.  Radar looking like it's building back towards the NW from my SE and S, so maybe we'll get back in on the action soon.  Given my forecast for 3-5" this morning, which was lowered to 2-4" this afternoon, I'll take 3.5" in the heaviest snow I've seen this year and probably in a few years (although the last one always seems the most impressive - I should take videos to truly compare).  Winds finally starting to pick up here and temps are dropping (24F now) - just finished "shoveling" what was left with the broom.  Hope it doesn't all blow back on my driveway and sidewalk, lol.  

Light snow started around 11:30 am in Douglassville. No accumulation beyond a trace at 5:30 pm. Second band started at about 7:30 in Pottstown (North Coventry) I don't expect total accumulations to exceed 1.5" at either location for event total. The biggest surprise was driving from Pottstown to Douglassville(10:30pm) There was a 9 degree temperature drop in twenty minutes (27F to 18F ), at locations less than ten miles apart. Note: same thermometer used for both readings. 

Just a few light flurries now.  Picked up another 1/4" in the last hour, putting my total at 3.5" today.  Radar looking like it's building back towards the NW from my SE and S, so maybe we'll get back in on the action soon.  Given my forecast for 3-5" this morning, which was lowered to 2-4" this afternoon, I'll take 3.5" in the heaviest snow I've seen this year and probably in a few years (although the last one always seems the most impressive - I should take videos to truly compare).  Winds finally starting to pick up here and temps are dropping (24F now) - just finished "shoveling" what was left with the broom.  Hope it doesn't all blow back on my driveway and sidewalk, lol.  

Final update for tonight.  Got another 1/4" of snow over the last 2 hours or so, to bring my total to 3.75" for the storm.  Looks like the snow is just about over for at least awhile, if not completely.  Just some flurries now.  Let's hope the Tuesday event pans out now.  

Sorry to hear so many in North Jersey and NYC didn't do so well, but most of those guys got a lot more than we did in the snow to rain scenarios and NYC sitll did much better than us during the "blizzard" (10-13" vs. my 7").  Nice to see folks down in Philly and South Jersey finally get an overperforming storm, as most of that area got 2-4" - saw a report of 3.5" in my hometown of Washington Twp. in Gloucester County and it looks like some areas in Monmouth/Ocean are going to get 5-7".  

4.4" in Ewing appears to be the final.

Ray! I'm in your neck of the woods, well kind of, in Vegas till Monday sitting this storm out but having a blast.

Anyways looks like anywhere from 4-7" out back home. I missed a great strorm withe all that wind oh wel hopefully Tuesday is just as good.

Ray! I'm in your neck of the woods, well kind of, in Vegas till Monday sitting this storm out but having a blast.

Anyways looks like anywhere from 4-7" out back home. I missed a great strorm withe all that wind oh wel hopefully Tuesday is just as good.

LOL... everyone always says "Hey I'm in Vegas, you should come down!", then I say "sure, I'll hop on the road for 6 1/2-7 hours, hang out, then drive back 6 1/2-7 hours, its cool" and they are like "oh, uh, nevermind" ;)

LOL... everyone always says "Hey I'm in Vegas, you should come down!", then I say "sure, I'll hop on the road for 6 1/2-7 hours, hang out, then drive back 6 1/2-7 hours, its cool" and they are like "oh, uh, nevermind" ;)

Yeah, not exactly a trip down the turnpike big state you have here, amazing summer like weather down here.

Yeah, not exactly a trip down the turnpike big state you have here, amazing summer like weather down here.

We've been having April up here.  We'll probably pay for it at some point, either from a ridiculously bad fire season or a big turn to colder, wetter weather during Spring.

Archived