joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS: Snow/wind/cold Saturday-Sunday-Monday 2/14-16/2015

famartin

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This to me is the pinnacle of a winter snowstorm! Heavy snow, can't see the house across the street (600 ft. away), wind roaring in the trees, has to be 30-40 mph in gusts, temperature down to 17F, sitting outside with a double shot espresso turning to slush in the can. This is why I don't worry so much about ratios - who cares if they're knocked down by the wind! It's awesome outside! The sound and experience of a good winter storm at work. Words don't do it justice :-).

Puking heavy snow right now for the last 10 minutes.  Up over 1" new in 30 min and radar looks like I might get 1" more.  About to take a walk - too nice to miss...

Holy dendrites, Batman!  Just got 3" of new snow in 1 hour; 3.25" on the ground and still snowing moderately.  For one 20 min period, I got 1.5" in heavy, heavy snow with visib maybe 1/8 of a mile.  Wow, just wow.  Must be 15-20 to 1 ratios - was able to use a broom to move all the snow aside in minutes.  Freakin' gorgeous outside - get away from your keyboards if you're lucky enough to get in a band like this one.  

This to me is the pinnacle of a winter snowstorm! Heavy snow, can't see the house across the street (600 ft. away), wind roaring in the trees, has to be 30-40 mph in gusts, temperature down to 17F, sitting outside with a double shot espresso turning to slush in the can. This is why I don't worry so much about ratios - who cares if they're knocked down by the wind! It's awesome outside! The sound and experience of a good winter storm at work. Words don't do it justice :-).

great description. this is an awesome storm, despite the relatively small totals. give me a storm like this over 10 hours of light snow, any day.

Holy dendrites, Batman!  Just got 3" of new snow in 1 hour; 3.25" on the ground and still snowing moderately.  For one 20 min period, I got 1.5" in heavy, heavy snow with visib maybe 1/8 of a mile.  Wow, just wow.  Must be 15-20 to 1 ratios - was able to use a broom to move all the snow aside in minutes.  Freakin' gorgeous outside - get away from your keyboards if you're lucky enough to get in a band like this one.  

that band rolled through here before hitting you and it was incredible. one of the best snow walks i've ever been on. I picked up .8" in 10 minutes. I'm ready for the wind now.

Heaviest Snow I have seen in quite a while here in NW Chesco

Temp just plummeting and wind howling up in the trees.....my spot is kind of down a bit between the higher hills up to 850 feet around me so I can here the wind but it is not registering that high (28mph) high gust so far. Snow if really piling up temp now down to 16.4

Hope everyone bought some or stocked up on fire wood.  This is not a time to lose that power.  Man, the house can get so darn cold.  Boy, summertime you lose power, you won't that AC, but now we need the heat.  

Suggest people turn their heat up higher then they usually would. My gas fireplace is blasting so at least i will have lingering heat

Manual propane wall unit in my basement may have it's chance to save the day

Snowing really good now.  Visibility low right now and the winds averaging 20mph.  Almost like a blizzard right now.  Good luck in taking snow measurements with that wind.  

For snowfall totals, I would say here in Voorhees, NJ: 3 inches.  

Just a quick update, the snow is really blowing around.  Good grief, getting really nasty right now. Wow.  

Archived