Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
OBS: Snow/wind/cold Saturday-Sunday-Monday 2/14-16/2015

famartin

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trend of temps overperforming continued today with a high of 15.2.    12 was the forecast.

they sometimes do the opposite at nighttime, in these extreme type of airmasses.

the lowest i've seen it since i've lived here  -12.   

think it'll only get to -10 tonight...but I could be wrong.  Mt Pocono record is -14. 

I was surprised to see so much of NNJ in the mid to upper teen range....while it's been sitting at 1 the whole day here.  ( now -1 ) 

Usually NNJ is only around 8 degrees behind.    But today = almost 18. 

...there's still around 2 feet of snowpack here...surely had something to do with it. 

Trend of temps overperforming continued today with a high of 15.2. 12 was the forecast.

Back down to 13.8 here in NW Chesco. Amazing how much a paltry 1.8" can redistribute into drifts.

You aren't kidding the park next to my house which is mainly open is completely bare grass while the snow piled in drifts to almost 3 feet say we got 2.1" here at best screw zone for sure in Media to Sprinfiled Delcott.M

Maybe a dumb thought - but would be nice if there was a Facebook type "thumbs up" when someone posts something that one finds "thumbs-up worthy/ educational".

Just a thought - but most of what Ray and many others post - I want to let him know I appreciate it without always saying thank you/agree.

Maybe a dumb thought - but would be nice if there was a Facebook type "thumbs up" when someone posts something that one finds "thumbs-up worthy/ educational".

Just a thought - but most of what Ray and many others post - I want to let him know I appreciate it without always saying thank you/agree.

It's been brought up many times, and it's a simple plugin to implement.  (takes a couple minutes)    But I guess they don't feel the need.

down to -3.1 already . 

post-1027-0-19281200-1424039558_thumb.pn

looks like most of us are overperforming..models have tough times with extreme airmasses... daytime temps were higher than expected...nighttime's seem to be opposite.   (as mentioned earlier post)  

still 7 hours of cooldown left...and we could be doing this again Thursday night.

this could bite us and lead to lower snow amounts tomorrow night tho.  (more suppressed system...models not incorporating the extreme cold)

btw, oven's on and near sensor...thus, high indoor temp.

post-9750-0-67307100-1424059974_thumb.jp

Archived