joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
This forum is dead!

wxman

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They do give me a lot more credit than I deserve.  Not that I don't appreciate it. 

I prefer to take a more "hands off" approach... stepping in when necessary but otherwise letting you guys enjoy the model run waffles and actual weather.

Ray you are the man.... you are very knowledgeable of the climo set ups in the Delaware and Lehigh Valleys and how both are very different. You know how the fall line works around here and you know how storms reward and rip people off in all seasons in the many different locations we call home around here. 

Most of all you keep it real!

Right now you are the guy that is far away looking from the outside in but still have the inside track if any of that makes sense especially with your Measurement Cam in Ewing!!

Everyone has their own style and approach, and you know we appreciate yours.  My point is there was a time when all of the redtaggers were in one spot....I probably now agree on some regional breakdown (NE and DC should probably be separate), but the total distance between NYC and PHL is 95 miles, at most!  

And the distance between Philly and Baltimore is about the same, so maybe we should merge with the Mid Atlantic forum.

Wow at this thread!

I am still here, I just don't post as much.

And your presence is most appreciated! :thumbsup:   Wave hi to Tony for me too.

I think this thread is sad in terms of not factoring in the dynamics of the winter storms this year in this area and what has so far amounted to "misses" - literally every couple of days.  Looking at my own totals, I think my largest accumulation was back in November.  Also I think for many of us who have been around here (or EasternWx) for awhile, we've gotten older and life events eventually pull folks away.  Still for many of us lurkers, a wealth of information continues to be obtained from reading the model run discussion and banter, even if it's silly.  But over-the-top rhetoric is not helpful in advancing or promoting meteorology - whether as a profession or as a hobby.  Just my 2 cents.

I post when I have something to say, about the wx.  I have NEVER seen you add any value to these forums, despite your 1200 posts.  I guess some people just like to hear themselves talk. It's rather funny really, you complain about the "NY Metro maelstrom" but then come into my thread and pick a fight with a neighbor for no reason.  This is BY far the most dismal whether sub forum I have ever seen, the Western sub forum gives this place a run for its money.  I'm just trying to improve this board, but you guys can keep it just the way it is, but you Harbourton, stay the hell off the NY board, I'm pretty sure I see YOU lurking there all the time. 

In your opening statement, you said let the flame wars begin. Then after making elitist comments about the quality of posts by people here you continued your diatribe against anyone who had a differing opinion. When I challenged, you flew off the handle. You can dish it out but you can't take it. As I remember, some people fled to the Sourland Mountains after Orson Wells broadcast the War Of the Worlds, I guess some people didn't make it back. Oh and by the way I will lurk whereever the hell I want.

In your opening statement, you said let the flame wars begin. Then after making elitist comments about the quality of posts by people here you continued your diatribe against anyone who had a differing opinion. When I challenged, you flew off the handle. You can dish it out but you can't take it. As I remember, some people fled to the Sourland Mountains after Orson Wells broadcast the War Of the Worlds, I guess some people didn't make it back. Oh and by the way I will lurk whereever the hell I want.

"elitist comments about the quality of posts"  "diatribe against anyone who had a differing opinion."  All I can say is you misread my posts and intent in starting this thread.  When I said, "let the flame wars begin," I was not looking for a fight, but I suspected there would be one started by guys like you.  There's a reason this forum is what it is, I can't think of another forum that drove so many good posters away.  

"elitist comments about the quality of posts" "diatribe against anyone who had a differing opinion." All I can say is you misread my posts and intent in starting this thread. When I said, "let the flame wars begin," I was not looking for a fight, but I suspected there would be one started by guys like you. There's a reason this forum is what it is, I can't think of another forum that drove so many good posters away.

I'm starting to think you're not really a weatherman

If you would of asked me 4 years ago, I would of said 'yes'.  

but the cool / chill environment has grown on me...and it's a 'no'. 

Yep, I agree. We all get along pretty well here, and I like that some members are starting to step up and provide more insight. I think we're pretty realistic here too, very little weenieism

Well, something needs to happen. I've been around some of you guys since wright-weather and whatever came before that, where we'd wait for Gary Gray to update his page and discuss. Be nice to have the kind of community again. 

Wright Weather was one forum for the entire country. 

I do more lurking on this forum than posting cause I know jack squat about models, and such. I rely a lot on you guys for more info to pass along to my co workers about upcoming storms.

I been on LWB, and that place is madness, and garbage. There is little to no information on any of the storms. They all wishcast, and go off one model and panic so I did away with them and came here. I love how low key everything is on here. No heavy panic for every storm.

So, if I can have a vote, uh... How bout no?

• 10 months later...

Archived