joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, radar looks even worse than I imagined. RAP and HRRR say it's all downhill from here. 5" will probably do it imby; enough to crack the 50" mark for ytd, and a good pack refresher, but this is one of the more lackluster events of the season.

You can already see radar echoes diminishing in both intensity and coverage. I'm pretty confident about minimal additional accumulations, so off to dig out.

Definitely a decent event up here, though obviously short of original predictions. Still snowing lightly, roads are not good at all. Unexpected snow day at work, so I'm taking in the snow with some brews at The Hop.

Well listen to this guy!  I could go for a few brews, and I love your avatar BTW.

Looks like about a 5" event for me  and with some sleet mixed in that just helps to sustain the snowpack. :sled:   

3" more in the last 12 hours and 6.75" since saturday night.. echoes are constantly breaking up overhead, maybe the GFS was right with the severity of the downsloping signature after all  :lol:. The foothills of the Adirondacks and southern VT will definitely surpass the 20" mark.

Some of us were talking the other day about the ice on the Hudson, here's some photos of the Coast Guard hard at work.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=TH&Date=20150209&Category=NEWS&ArtNo=209009999&Ref=PH&taxoid=

Those pictures of Bannerman are especially cool. I've gone kayaking there and it's a really cool experience.

Took this shot this morning at Waryas Park in Poughkeepsie. Hard to see, but there's a channel in the middle of the river that is fully cleared of ice. 

post-8457-0-47678300-1423508809_thumb.jp

The parade of storms on the Euro is really something. Boston looks to potentially get buried, again, but there's chances every few days for the entire run. I'm fine with the nickel and dime stuff to keep our pack going strong.

Speaking of snow depths, I saw that Boston set their all time record today at 37". That is unreal. 

Those pictures of Bannerman are especially cool. I've gone kayaking there and it's a really cool experience.

Took this shot this morning at Waryas Park in Poughkeepsie. Hard to see, but there's a channel in the middle of the river that is fully cleared of ice. 

attachicon.gif20150209_092723.jpg

The parade of storms on the Euro is really something. Boston looks to potentially get buried, again, but there's chances every few days for the entire run. I'm fine with the nickel and dime stuff to keep our pack going strong.

Speaking of snow depths, I saw that Boston set their all time record today at 37". That is unreal. 

Nice photo of the bridge, the rail line that ran across it started in my neck of the woods, in Maybrook. Its crazy how its hit after hit up in Boston, they are going to have a lot of problems, roof collapses already starting and that looks to get worse.  Then if there's a quick thaw, oh boy.  They can have all that.

Archived