joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's pretty wild if you look at the ob's. The cold air can't make it over the Catskills. It's coming down on the east side through W CT. and on the west side down to 26 in Elmira on a NE wind while 35 in BGM and 39 in AVP being blocked to the NE by the mountains. It will probably make it to NYC before they get it when it wraps around underneath

It's pretty wild if you look at the ob's. The cold air can't make it over the Catskills. It's coming down on the east side through W CT. and on the west side down to 26 in Elmira on a NE wind while 35 in BGM and 39 in AVP being blocked to the NE by the mountains. It will probably make it to NYC before they get it when it wraps around underneath

Yea I am down to 32 and places on N LI are as well... Very strange!

Also dewpoint has been dropping!

Latest HRRR has moderate snow falling from about 10:00pm to 5:00am for anyone north of extreme Southern Orange County....light precip continues but the precip cutoff is very sharp, by 8 am it's light snow for Orange County and cloudy sky's for anyone South... This could be one of those cases where we get a quick shot overnight of some good bands, 3-6" the it's hit or miss throughout the day

I'm normally borderline weenie, but im very pessimistic with this event.

Borderline?  

:weenie:

I was just outside and my driveway is a skating rink.  I had to chock a wheel because my car slid about two feet in the last three hours.  I hope the media plays up how icy things are for the morning commute so my boss believes me when I say it's too sketchy for me to go to work.

Archived