joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm keeping my expectations low for this one, especially today. Should be a rather dull day compared to what we were hoping for. I do think we see some good snow overnight into tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect widespread totals of more than 6" as Julian mentioned last night.

In any event, this week looks pretty solid for snow and cold chances. The Euro develops four coastal lows in ten days including a 978 east of the BM on Sunday, most are too late to significantly impact us but it's still good to have chances. Plus, as of now, the cold looks borderline historic for next weekend.

I'm keeping my expectations low for this one, especially today. Should be a rather dull day compared to what we were hoping for. I do think we see some good snow overnight into tomorrow, but I wouldn't expect widespread totals of more than 6" as Julian mentioned last night.

In any event, this week looks pretty solid for snow and cold chances. The Euro develops four coastal lows in ten days including a 978 east of the BM on Sunday, most are too late to significantly impact us but it's still good to have chances. Plus, as of now, the cold looks borderline historic for next weekend.

And of course Boston will get 5 more feet in the next two weeks while we get 5 inches. ;)

And of course Boston will get 5 more feet in the next two weeks while we get 5 inches. ;)

I don't begrudge them their snow. I don't see why some of them want to cliff jump if they get 15" instead of 20", but I guess that's just the mentality of most snow enthusiasts. As I've said before, I grew up in Buffalo and since I've moved away, they've had an incredible run of historic storms, so I think I've become numb to the whole snow envy thing that most snow enthusiasts have. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love 2' with every storm, but I'm happy to have something to track and something to measure. Though if I lived in DC, I would definitely have found a new hobby by now!

I don't begrudge them their snow. I don't see why some of them want to cliff jump if they get 15" instead of 20", but I guess that's just the mentality of most snow enthusiasts. As I've said before, I grew up in Buffalo and since I've moved away, they've had an incredible run of historic storms, so I think I've become numb to the whole snow envy thing that most snow enthusiasts have. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love 2' with every storm, but I'm happy to have something to track and something to measure. Though if I lived in DC, I would definitely have found a new hobby by now!

Great post. It must be something to get dumped on like that but then there's plenty of trouble that comes with snow like that but like I said it still must be something to see. At the end of the day there's nothing anyone can do about it, no one can control it. One thing I'm pretty sure about is next year if they are in suppression city there will be many whining about not getting their fair share of snow, LOL.

I have to give credit to Bill and Alex at www.hudsonvalleyweather.com as some of the people whining about a bust on their facebook page just goes to show that you can't possibly dumb down a forecast enough for some to understand. You can't fix stupid.

Agreed. The most spectacular view of a dumbing America is from social media commentary.

Archived