• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

Idk how the NWS has me where I am in Northern Westchester in the same Advisory as NYC and Northern Nassau... Doesn't seem likely to have the same amounts of snow and ice.

You will prob have more snow/ice but its a matter of how long it takes to fall. This is gonna be a long duration event hence why a WWA is warranted. Hope that helps

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here she comes.......across PA  I'll stay up all night just to see if the 1 inch verifies.   my wife comented the other day how much time I was spending "looking at the weather".  "you could have gotten so much done...." She is right.   Oh well, that is a battle I choose to fight...

Sorry about the off topic humor.....but here are a few more real life examples

Sue Yoo- Lawyer

Harry Beaver- Gynecologist

Ivan Slaughter- Surgeon

This name is right out of a Marx Brothers movie:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:9VPmOQQvFVYJ:www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-howard-hertz-3xs76+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I'm yet to anything significant, I've seen a few flakes that's about it, radar should be fillin in soon if you believe the short terms

saw the euro is not really to enthuasitc with this storm.

keeping my expectations low.

GFS still shows a general 4-8 inches of snow for the area.

But, yea all snow here.

Was not really expecting to start as snow.

Nope. not making a trip. storm looks to be losing some steam.

I am also beat. Was up boozing until midnight and had a flight that left just before 8 am this morning.

Tired.

Nope. not making a trip. storm looks to be losing some steam.

I am also beat. Was up boozing until midnight and had a flight that left just before 8 am this morning.

Tired.

What do you mean that you had a flight?

Snow here now in Harriman. Surprising to me as the critical thickness map says it's not supported

Shallow low-level warmth raising thicknesses a bit, but not enough to melt the falling snow. There are much better nowcasting tools for determining p-type than critical thickness lines (and they're not far off, anyway).

Archived