• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Bust of the Century January 26-27 2015 model suites and discussions

Morris

The problem with NJ is that on a lot of the short range modeling they completely miss the CCB. All the snow is from the initial over running.

This is disturbing too but it's hard to determine where banding sets up. Don't wanna 25 miles west of the best banding sitting in subsidence when they are getting 3" hour rates of snowfall

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

???

You mean the 6" snow event a week after? Or you mean 2/8/13? If you mean the second one, this one will be quite similar but longer lasting out by you.

I don't remember the date,but it was that crippling one with the lie expressway closed for a day or2 cares stranded all over etc. With that event though, we had 2-3 feet but did have an hour or2 of rain near midnight! and still managed nearly3 feet! I think this could trump that storm possibly

I don't remember the date,but it was that crippling one with the lie expressway closed for a day or2 cares stranded all over etc. With that event though, we had 2-3 feet but did have an hour or2 of rain near midnight! and still managed nearly3 feet! I think this could trump that storm possibly

Yep, that would be the early Feb storm with 25"+ reported east of the Sagtikos. 

GFS definitely came east as well as with the banding.....all in all, I honestly think we could be setting ourselves up for failure IF we are expecting 20"+.....I think 10-15" is much more realistic.....20-30" in SNE as well as east Long Island.

GFS still shows a foot which would be a welcome sight. Onto the Euro.

The storm evolves slower on the GFS and the banding from the CCB doesn't really get going unless you're north and east of the city. It's still a possibility that has to be watched, and obviously you need the 500mb low to close off south of you, and a negatively tilted trough early enough to capture the low before it gets too far east.

Archived