joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fabulous February Arctic Outbreak

DaculaWeather

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only see 12 hr increments on the PSU site for the 12z Euro.  But it seemed it really wanted to send multiple overrunning events next week across TN beginning Monday.  However, I can't see qpf...just RH.  But that pattern is one that would dump a heckuva a lot of snow over the Valley if it verified.  For those w/ better maps, what do you see?

I can only see 12 hr increments on the PSU site for the 12z Euro.  But it seemed it really wanted to send multiple overrunning events next week across TN beginning Monday.  However, I can't see qpf...just RH.  But that pattern is one that would dump a heckuva a lot of snow over the Valley if it verified.  For those w/ better maps, what do you see?

It never really gets its act together but you can tell it's not far off.  Something could easily develop from that pattern in future runs.

It never really gets its act together but you can tell it's not far off.  Something could easily develop from that pattern in future runs.

Combine it w/ the GFS and I think it just doesn't have those events in focus yet.  But the pattern looks good.  I will take a good looking pattern over an individual storm at this point.  The storms will be there most times IMO.

I can only see 12 hr increments on the PSU site for the 12z Euro. But it seemed it really wanted to send multiple overrunning events next week across TN beginning Monday. However, I can't see qpf...just RH. But that pattern is one that would dump a heckuva a lot of snow over the Valley if it verified. For those w/ better maps, what do you see?

Yeah there looks to be a lot of waves moving through the southern stream on the Euro but most of them are suppressed weak. There are no cutters at all over this weekend storm.

One wave is hot on the heels of the weekend storm on Monday but it is suppressed and the moisture is only in Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas.

7c4a969cfaeba2d339b3897bd4c41803.jpg

Then on Tuesday a light wave gives some light snow to the valley. Then it blows up into a 977 mb nor'easter the pummels Boston again.

74f6f192d1a733172a8e9da09cad8e7f.jpg

Our big dog in the long range is there but is suppressed.

It seems like anyone of these waves could end up being a bigger deal for us. I didn't see any cutters and most of the low pressure tracks were weak and along the gulf coast. So, I think we are in a good position right now. I'd rather have a suppressed track right now instead of a cutter. It is really a zonal look. There is continuous energy in the west but it is strung out and none of it really amplifies on that run.

Yeah there looks to be a lot of waves moving through the southern stream on the Euro but most of them are suppressed weak. There are no cutters at all over this weekend storm.

One wave is hot on the heels of the weekend storm on Monday but it is suppressed and the moisture is only in Texas/Louisiana/Arkansas.

7c4a969cfaeba2d339b3897bd4c41803.jpg

Then on Tuesday a light wave gives some light snow to the valley. Then it blows up into a 977 mb nor'easter the pummels Boston again.

74f6f192d1a733172a8e9da09cad8e7f.jpg

Our big dog in the long range is there but is suppressed.

It seems like anyone of these waves could end up being a bigger deal for us. I didn't see any cutters and most of the low pressure tracks were weak and along the gulf coast. So, I think we are in a good position right now. I'd rather have a suppressed track right now instead of a cutter. It is really a zonal look. There is continuous energy in the west but it is strung out and none of it really amplifies on that run.

Not so much zonal, but an elongated trough which is usually money for overrunning in the Valley.  The southern jet has more energy in it now...better than the anemic look it had, but not as good as it could be.  The cold centered of the GL is a good sign. 

Like?....

Like 14 members out of 51 giving Nashville 6+ with 3 showing 10+ and 1 showing 20+.  Just a signal that something could happen in the next week or two.  The ensembles were not showing this kind of stuff in January or early February.  You can't take it to the bank by any means but when the eps perks up it's wise to be alert.

Like 14 members out of 51 giving Nashville 6+ with 3 showing 10+ and 1 showing 20+.  Just a signal that something could happen in the next week or two.  The ensembles were not showing this kind of stuff in January or early February.  You can't take it to the bank by any means but when the eps perks up it's wise to be alert.

Sounds nice! Thanks!

GFS continues it's parade of Gulf lows for the next 10-15 days. We'll manage to cash in at least one more time I suspect, maybe more than one more time.

The Euro is more suppressed but frigid. After Sunday I'm not sure it has us above freezing again all next week. It throws some -15 to -20c down into the region at 2m, which is 5 to -5. Which is why it's more suppressed than the GFS. 

I'd always rather have LP leaving Texas portrayed S of the area than N of it. I'm not sure I buy how close together some storms are shown but there are good signs that the pattern stays stormy and the storm track is across the South with cold over our area.

At one point the GFS has us getting snow from a Coastal storm, that switches to rain because another storm is in the GOM.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_33.png

Earlier today something happened that I have never seen before here. My NWS 7 day forecast had snow mentioned every single day all the way through next week. Chances were low, and the high temps would only support rain, but it really speaks to the power of the pattern we are in right now.

Knoxville South Light snow tonight??

MRX:

THE GULF
COAST SYSTEM FOR TONIGHT LOOKS TO BRING LIGHT QPF FOR MAINLY SRN 1/3
TO 1/2 OF E TN AND SW NC COUNTIES. LARGE DIFFERENCES IN MOS POPS
FOR TONIGHT WITH PCPN TYPE MOSTLY LIKELY TO BE LIGHT SNOW OR SLEET.
LIGHT FREEZING RAIN POSSIBLE IF MIN TEMPS FALL BELOW 32 DEGS. MORE
ON THIS IN THE AFTERNOON ISSUANCE.

30% chances or better...  Need to keep an eye on this for northward shift or higher qpf, could be an additional surprise on top of snow we still have.

Zones:

TNZ036-067>069-071-222130-
ANDERSON-ROANE-LOUDON-KNOX-NW BLOUNT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CLINTON...OAK RIDGE...KINGSTON...
LENOIR CITY...KNOXVILLE...MARYVILLE
1022 AM EST SUN FEB 22 2015

.REST OF TODAY...CLOUDY. PATCHY DRIZZLE EARLY...THEN A SLIGHT
CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE LOWER TO MID 40S.
LIGHT WINDS. CHANCE OF RAIN 20 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW UNTIL EARLY
MORNING...THEN A CHANCE OF SNOW EARLY IN THE MORNING. LOWS IN THE
MID TO UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH. CHANCE OF
PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

------------------------------------------------------

TNZ083>086-099>101-222130-
RHEA-MEIGS-MCMINN-NORTHWEST MONROE-HAMILTON-BRADLEY-WEST POLK-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...DAYTON...DECATUR...ATHENS...
MADISONVILLE...CHATTANOOGA...CLEVELAND...BENTON
1022 AM EST SUN FEB 22 2015

.REST OF TODAY...CLOUDY. PATCHY DRIZZLE EARLY...THEN A CHANCE OF
RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON. HIGHS IN THE MID TO UPPER 40S. NORTH WINDS
10 MPH OR LESS. CHANCE OF RAIN 30 PERCENT.
.TONIGHT...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF RAIN UNTIL EARLY MORNING. A CHANCE
OF SNOW AFTER MIDNIGHT. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF LIGHT FREEZING RAIN
EARLY IN THE MORNING. LOWS IN THE MID TO UPPER 20S. NORTH WINDS
5 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 30 PERCENT.

Archived