joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fabulous February Arctic Outbreak

DaculaWeather

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z GGEM is way north of it's previous run.  Still not quite enough for us but that was a huge shift.

yeah I don't know what to expect with this one, I don't think anyone does. These types f storms always throw out surprises and I just hope we are on the good end of one! Does not hurt being on the NW side of this thing given how these storms love to trend 

WPC is favoring the Euro as of the 12z runs.

...UPPER LOW EJECTING OUT OF THE SOUTHWEST......SURFACE LOW DEVELOPING OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO...PREFERENCE: 12Z ECMWFCONFIDENCE: AVERAGEA CLOSED LOW IN THE SOUTHWEST U.S. WILL BECOME AN OPEN BUT SHARPTROUGH AS IT APPROACHES TEXAS BY WEDNESDAY. THIS WILL INDUCE AWAVE ALONG A FRONT IN THE NORTHERN GULF OF MEXICO AND CROSSINGNORTHERN FLORIDA INTO THE ATLANTIC. THE 12Z UKMET AND ESPECIALLYTHE 12Z NAM HAVE BOTH TRENDED MORE AMPLIFIED WITH THIS SYSTEM ASIT EJECTS EAST ACROSS THE GULF COAST STATES...BUT THEY ARE THEMOST AMPLIFIED SOLUTIONS OF ALL THE MODELS. THE 12Z GFS FOR ITSPART IS THE FLATTEST/WEAKEST SOLUTION. THE 12Z GEM IS ALSO RATHERFLAT AND CLOSE TO THAT OF THE GFS. THE 12Z ECMWF SPLITS THEDIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE FLATTER AND STRONGER CAMPS...AND HAS SOLIDSUPPORT FROM THE 00Z ECENS MEAN. WILL PREFER THE 12Z ECMWFSOLUTION AT THIS POINT.

12z Euro ensemble mean snow:

6BMIOvd.jpg

Control run:

LGbUzAw.jpg

I'll take either of those, but better yet, I'll take a slight NW shift of that.  Make it happen Stove, get right on it!  While i've had quite a share of winter weather, its not been ideal winter weather being more freezing rain than anything else for me.  I still have quite a thirst for some snow!

18Z NAM has more snow tonight along the I-75 and I-81 corridors. Even clips the Plateau. Don't worry all snow no frozen up there. Must be ingesting the more robust precip shield coming out of the Mid South. We'll see if it holds. I will comment on Wednesday tomorrow. At 60 hours it looks perfect, but 60 hours away is an eternity in the South. For now, time for nowcasting fun tonight!

Archived