joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Clipper snow disco and OBS Wednesday 1/21/2015

famartin

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MA forum saying GFS is drier for them. Not sure what that means for us and don't want shell out false information since my map reading skills aren't top notch.

SE PA/Central jersey sees .01-.1 precip, so drier for us but looks wetter for extreme SNJ at first glance. 2-5 for them on this run if temps are ok. 

ever think they're in the process of completing the afternoon package?

I thought so at first but saw they updated their snow map downward at 315PM in NJ and also downward the forecast to inch and less in Burlington County.

Edit - Wasnt being negative about the office, just curious 

18z NAM has a huge gradient with areas N/W of the city getting very little to SNJ getting nearly .6" liquid with rain/snow mix.  Looks like about 3" in the city if the NAM verifies.  The hires NAM is a bit drier/further south....

And for some reason Mt. Holly reduces the the totals to 1" for the area?  They also still have sunny for the weekend event...

18z NAM has a huge gradient with areas N/W of the city getting very little to SNJ getting nearly .6" liquid with rain/snow mix. Looks like about 3" in the city if the NAM verifies. The hires NAM is a bit drier/further south....

And for some reason Mt. Holly reduces the the totals to 1" for the area? They also still have sunny for the weekend event...

They've dropped the ball on this event since the beginning. Yesterday they were predicting 4" for far northern jersey, I've been taking their forecasts with a grain of salt for this event. It looks like SNJ could easily see 2-4"+, with there being a super tight gradient for areas north and west. I think I'll be lucky to hit 1" up here at TTN.

They've dropped the ball on this event since the beginning. Yesterday they were predicting 4" for far northern jersey, I've been taking their forecasts with a grain of salt for this event. It looks like SNJ could easily see 2-4"+, with there being a super tight gradient for areas north and west. I think I'll be lucky to hit 1" up here at TTN.

How can they have dropped the ball almost 24 hours before the event even starts? What makes you so sure you know what is going to happen? Let's see if your 2-4" in SNJ verifies then see who dropped the ball.

LOL

Archived