• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Ocean Effect Snow Showers for the Cape and Islands Jan 13-15th 2015

jamesnichols89

yeah and also almost never going to have the unidirectional flow to 700 mb like they see out there...and the cold is almost always deeper out that way so the inversion heights are through the roof. 

they tend to do best when there's some sort of synoptic scale feature moving through to give that little extra kick. we got clocked with one when i was in high school - but i can't remember the date. 

That famous Feb 1993 inv trough? That was definitely ocean enhanced.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the cape getting crushed on a system that missed us in Boston circa 1974 roughly. It was a Saturday night and my friend and I hop into my Plymouth Belvedere with 3 on the tree. He's got his head hanging out of the window reporting when the moon is no longer visible. That was a fun trip. Mid cape on east got 6-12.

How much is there?

there wasn't all that much. was snowing awfully hard when i was there - probably was about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch at the time...so i'd assume someone probably has an inch or something? not sure 

it's the kind of deal where it pounds hard for a few minutes but the bands are not stationary so it has a tough time really doing a whole lot overall 

I will be awaiting the tweet, and then subsequent spillover here when people get all defensive over potential Twitter slights that weren't real slights only to hug it out after.

i don't know what that means. 

anyhow...still some pretty decent bands on the western side of the Cape. some stuff starting to sneak a bit further west into Plymouth County now too.

Archived