Newest Member
    joxey
January Obs Thread

Isopycnic

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.65" in 70 minutes. storm total now up to 2.97"

And to top it off the radar looks pretty darn wet for the rest of the afternoon, lots of mod to heavy returns in SC streaming this way, if there isnt a sudden shift east or some mid level dry air showing up soon to shut it off then alot of us might really get 4-5"

And to top it off the radar looks pretty darn wet for the rest of the afternoon, lots of mod to heavy returns in SC streaming this way, if there isnt a sudden shift east or some mid level dry air showing up soon to shut it off then alot of us might really get 4-5"

Looks like the heavier axis of precip has shifted East of here and we're going to be on the back edge of things now. You guys and the OBX look to get the most over the next several hours. We've had enough for this go-round.

Looks like the heavier axis of precip has shifted East of here and we're going to be on the back edge of things now. You guys and the OBX look to get the most over the next several hours. We've had enough for this go-round.

Would think a few places got their record daily rainfall for the date today......

Would think a few places got their record daily rainfall for the date today......

Fayetteville checking in...

0456 PM EST MON JAN 12 2015...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT FAYETTEVILLE REGL AIRPORT NC...SO FAR TODAY...RAINFALL OF 2.36 INCHES WAS REPORTED AT FAYETTEVILLE REGIONAL AIRPORT NC. THIS BREAKS THE OLD DAILY RECORD OF 1.2 INCHES SET IN 1929. AS RAIN CONTINUES TO FALL...THIS TOTAL WILL INCREASE AND THEREFORE AN UPDATED RECORD REPORT WILL BE NEED TO BE SENT LATER THIS EVENING.

I've always found it cool to watch the temp drop during the day.... regardless if I see any ice or not today/tomorrow I'll find some happiness in seeing the temps drop.

Temp was 42 at 8am now down to 39. Winds gusting from the N at 21 mph at times. 

Agree it was 54 here at midnight its 39 now as we near noon......

Well we got the ice here in the Blue Ridge, just a day later than everyone else.  Freezing fog all night into the morning.  Trees are beautiful and the grass is white.  Definitely a beautiful sight out this morning.  I'd say .05-.10 of ice on the trees.  Ironically, schools were on a two-hour delay yesterday and not much of anything and today much worse and on a regular schedule.  You win some and you lose some!

Archived