Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
lol

Ian

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, still having a hard time jumping on board, as the NAM is really the only model with the stronger 500 mb solution that is required to make this happen.  I would normally discount the NAM being on its own island,  but the 9z SREF is still quite wet for our area, which makes me hesitant to totally write off the idea.

I'm in your camp.  I have a hard time jumping on the NAM but also am hesitant to throw it out. At this time range, there is no need to. Also,  last night's UKMET also had snow over us though not nearly as heavy as the NAM, sort of a compromise between the NAM and the GFS.  I'd certainly lean towards the lean snow solutions if someone put a gun to my head and said choose but for a public forecast I'd jsut say a chance of light snow for Tuesday.  Not need to go into details.

:) just figured you were really hoping the other way

Of course I'm hoping.  I want the NAM to be right. I want it to snow just like all of us.  My #haters club isn't because I'm not hoping...it's because we're basing this on the worst model we have and no other model supports it.  I'm not super optimistic on the event,that's all.  When the GFS looks like the NAM, I'll hop on board.  Meanwhile, when the NAM crushes your hopes and dreams, I'll be here to hold all of you in my ample bosom.  

The differences between the NAM-GFS at 500mb are huge. GFS is progressive and shears the vort apart vs the nam slower and keeps it together . GFS progressive bias in play? Interested to see the CMC-EURO combo http://www.txtornado.net/GFS/new_500_gfs_all_12.htm
                                http://www.txtornado.net/NAM/new_500_nam_all_12.htm

post-12800-0-82781700-1419782703_thumb.g

post-12800-0-44589000-1419782704_thumb.g

NAM and CMC vs GFS and Euro. Hmmmm.

NO CMC really barely gets 0.01" up to us.  It's a compromise solution between the more skillful Euro/GFS and NAm solutions.  Too bad the NAM and GGEM are less skillful than the other two models. I'll be interested in today's ukmet as it had us in precip last night and it's a pretty good model at least at 500mb. 

Archived