• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

Why do you keep on using the GFS? The GFS has been shifting non stop with this event. If this coastal is real, the GFS will not latch on until the last minute. The Euro mean still has a decent signal.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/navm.html?model=ecmwf-ens&region=us&pkg=T850&runtime=2015010900&fh=168&xpos=241&ypos=1133

88 you know i use a blend of the models

this system is not a Snowstorm......my track record this season will hold up on this call

trust me

1010mb and gone

with the next frame on that euro ens loop

+NAO = Fish Storms this winter

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88 you know i use a blend of the models

this system is not a Snowstorm......my track record this season will hold up on this call

trust me

1010mb and gone

with the next frame on that euro ens loop

+NAO = Fish Storms this winter

+NAO doesn't equal fish storm automatically. If that's the case, we wouldn't have cashed in last winter. Sure, it's a big player on the field, but not always. A well timed +PNA spike can work wonders with an embedded shortwave.

I guess they aren't seeing the low level cold.

Yeah, right now taking the models for what they show I don't see anyone being rain except for central and eastern LI, surface winds are W-SW through the event, thats not going to effectively warm the low levels west of those areas given the air mass in place.  That may change if this wave ends up stronger, MT Holly seems to be more on the frozen train than Upton but this is still far out given the way this year has gone.

Cant base a snow forecast off of 850 temp anomalies in January....it can still snow if above normal.

That storm depends heavily on how strong it is, if its weak the air mass in place looks terrible and it may be rain, even west of the track, if it deepens into the low 990s or less there is enough cold air to tap it would be snow.

What track record lol. You have never from what I've seen made any forecast of your own. Sure it may rain, it may go out to sea, or as snow goose said it could be a snowstorm. Anyone can post images of model runs etc and you do post interesting graphics but it is all one sided is the reason people have become annoyed with you

What track record lol. You have never from what I've seen made any forecast of your own. Sure it may rain, it may go out to sea, or as snow goose said it could be a snowstorm. Anyone can post images of model runs etc and you do post interesting graphics but it is all one sided is the reason people have become annoyed with you

I thought the same thing lol. No offense but his posts lack substance....usually just random maps which usually make no sense with a random quote. Very knowledgeable but his posts need more substance and he actually needs to make a forecast before beating his chest saying he has a perfect track record. His credibility just went down the tubes with that comment.

I thought the same thing lol. No offense but his posts lack substance....usually just random maps which usually make no sense with a random quote. Very knowledgeable but his posts need more substance and he actually needs to make a forecast before beating his chest saying he has a perfect track record. His credibility just went down the tubes with that comment.

What makes it more outlandish is that for last winter, he was very bullish for each snow threat.

dude its one run...smh ur the worst poster here

He actually knows what he's talking about, but he's been trolling in here all winter long. He thinks its funny and obviously gets a rise out of the reactions he gets. Dude cherry picks only the models that he knows will needle people. Should be warned and then banned if he continues. 

RE: the coastal, we've seen the players now and know how delicate this is. Things to watch out for today:

#1. Most important is the speed/timing of PAC energy that slams into British Columbia.
#2. Sharpness and duration of the PNA ridge, which are directly impacted by #1.
#3. Amplification of the trough along the EC downstream, which is directly impacted by #1 and #2
#4. High latitude blocking above Hudson Bay that locks in the PV over Hudson Bay to help keep cold air in
#5. Amount of northern stream energy dropping down from the rotating PV, which is directly impacted by #4. This also has a direct impact on the preceding overrunning event
#6. More specific to #5, look for that specific winter saving piece of energy dropping down into Minnesota/Lakes area around day 5/6, as this can mitigate some of the negative impacts of a faster PAC

His forecasts are the maps. He comes out when we weenies are thinking "snow" and cold he shows the maps that say "rain and warm". Notice, he wasn't here the week prior to the cold outbreak. By doing what he's doing, he's saying "rain."

He actually knows what he's talking about, but he's been trolling in here all winter long. He thinks its funny and obviously gets a rise out of the reactions he gets. Dude cherry picks only the models that he knows will needle people. Should be warned and then banned if he continues.

The cherry-picking is what makes it a forecast. He's choosing the model runs that best reflect his thinking -- and he's been right quite a bit. When I saw he was posting again, I said to myself, "uh-oh."

The cherry-picking is what makes it a forecast. He's choosing the model runs that best reflect his thinking -- and he's been right quite a bit. When I saw he was posting again, I said to myself, "uh-oh."

Whatever works for you. I prefer straight talk instead of poems and cryptic messages. But I agree that he is forecasting, in a way.

I hate to admit it, but Doorman has been spot-on with his prognostications so far. I hope he's wrong, but it seems like the pattern just doesn't want to give us something meaningful.

THIS... He has been spot on all year (and the many years I've followed him) - if it's not a popular opinion - people have no time for it.. I'll take his realism over false optimism any day.. 

He pretty clearly said this will not be a snowstorm on D6-D7 - how is that not making a forecast?

Lol. He got the last 10 days of Dec Right. OK and ????

He got the 1st 15 days of Dec wrong

He got the pattern change wrong

Never posted on these 2 clippers .

What's the forecast for Monday ?

You guys Wana slob the ... because you haven't seen a snowstorm yet so that makes him right. Lol.

No one has been calling for a big storm. Most posters stop posted here because the baby stuff that goes on here.

From a make believe red tagger who adds zero and prob gets slapped around daily in his personal life.

To the fighting that goes on when we don't get snow is comical .

You lost most of your good posters and have become Accuweather jr.

Congrads

Archived