joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 19-21 Storm Thread

Deck Pic

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe I'm foolish, but regardless what the Euro shows tonight, I think this storm will end up coming west....might not mean meaningful snow for DC, but could be decent for far western burbs.....The GFS doesn't matter to me at all...it is really about one model and its ensembles for the next 48 hours...after that maybe I'll care about other guidance...I don't have any confidence that the GFS is of any use right now...

I don't like the idea of hugging one model but I'm pretty confident whatever the GFS shows is going to be wrong most of the time from this range on an east coast storm risk.

You would think we've all been around here long enough to know this.   I think its psychological...we wanna see everything on board, even though we know the GFS has difficulty with these types of storms.  But who knows...this could be the GFS leading the way.  :unsure:

You would think we've all been around here long enough to know this. I think its psychological...we wanna see everything on board, even though we know the GFS has difficulty with these types of storms. But who knows...this could be the GFS leading the way. :unsure:

Could be.. Honestly it's probably closer to most things than the euro ens at this pt. tho we could be minutes away from getting crushed. I dunno.. a correction back NW certainlt isn't unusual.

You would think we've all been around here long enough to know this. I think its psychological...we wanna see everything on board, even though we know the GFS has difficulty with these types of storms. But who knows...this could be the GFS leading the way. :unsure:

DT sums it up nicely:

post-11899-0-89137500-1418710774_thumb.j

The 0z   TUESDAY  EURO l still slides    the Low  off the southeast coast that is correct...  But the precipitation shield does reach as far north of Washington, DC..  It's also somewhat  colder which is not a surprise and shows large areas of of  Virginia getting significant snow -- heck   even some snow out of this possibly into Richmond..  The western half of Virginia as well as most of Eastern West Virginia and Western North Carolina gets crushed with a pretty big mid  DEC   snowstorm

.  The key point here is that even though below is not very well organized and it's not that Italy intense the precipitation shield is significantly you larger and wetter than anything we see on the Canadian war the GFS models .  Dont be  surprised if once again the European  ENSEMBLES are significantly more organize with the system and have a better track further to the north

you are a  true IDIOT.

it takes  a new level of   stupid  for   a  twit like you to declare  victory   after  ALLLLL of the huge  busts  on east coast  winter storms  by the GFS    in the day 8 to  day 4 time range over the years  

and  for  you to declare  5  days out...

and the worse thing    come dec 22 ..  will you show here   and  say   yes  the GFS   Busted again

No  you will   disappear

HMMM DT

EURO sure looks like a disorganized and weak mess. GFS leaading the way big dog

Archived