joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2014-15 Banter Thread

Stormlover74

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a sure-fire way to guarantee it won't pan out. Again, not that I'm superstitious or anything . . .

"He who refuses to remember the past is probably like gonna get it wrong twice...or something."

____variation on an old Santayana quote

Was there ever *anyone* who said that better than P.J. Soles??????

I must admit, I had to look this up.

From Wikipedia: Later that year she played one of the supporting roles in Halloween (1978), as the final victim of the Michael Myers character in the classic horror film. John Carpenter wanted her for his film Halloween after seeing Carrie.[1] He wrote the part of Lynda especially for her because of the way she said the word "totally".

The sea turtle from Finding Nemo?

I haven't seen it...and since I generally only like to watch movies I've already seen...can be somewhat problematic...

You know it is a slow winter when:

-you log into americanwx and the banter threads have been on top most of the day

Don't you have to like go emulate The Waltons or something????

Have a webcam shot?

Reminiscent of the poster "Jebman"...who, ultimately driven to frustration with regards to the lack of snow in northern Virginia...would often post about how he had "given up hope" in actually seeing any live snow at his house...but would rather enjoy a snowstorm vicariously by logging on to Caribou, Maine webcams during snowstorms all winter long. 

Yes, yes it would.

You will be interested to know that I had a visit from your cousin Mephistopheles last night...he took me up to the top of a mountain...showed me all the kingdoms of the earth...and then said that if I worship him...all of that would be mine.

Recalling a similar offer 20 centuries ago (and its refusal)...I paused to reflect for a moment...and then replied..."Give me 48 hours and your cell number and I'll get back to you."

It would be nice if we could get the cold and the moisture to bump into each other at the right time.

M...I think you need to cross back over to the dark side...there's quite a bit more light there...at least metaphorically...if not paradoxically.

M...I think you need to cross back over to the dark side...there's quite a bit more light there...at least metaphorically...if not paradoxically.

I happen to like a good storm, especially snow, when it's happening. The awesome power of Nature and all that. That said, I have gotten to the point where I don't love the aftermath as much -- as in, no place to park on city streets.

I happen to like a good storm, especially snow, when it's happening. The awesome power of Nature and all that. That said, I have gotten to the point where I don't love the aftermath as much -- as in, no place to park on city streets.

With myself and "JBG" tied for the best prediction in the December snowfall contest...I'm slightly anxious but hopeful for a favorable outcome...I mean coming in second wouldn't be the worst...as long as no one else was first. *giggles*

You will be interested to know that I had a visit from your cousin Mephistopheles last night...he took me up to the top of a mountain...showed me all the kingdoms of the earth...and then said that if I worship him...all of that would be mine.

Recalling a similar offer 20 centuries ago (and its refusal)...I paused to reflect for a moment...and then replied..."Give me 48 hours and your cell number and I'll get back to you."

Ms Pamela, I would definitely cast you as the Defense Attorney in a modern remake of the Devil and Daniel Webster.

The Adversary wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell, against you. (Yes I'm already sorry i said it)                             

Rich

Ms Pamela, I would definitely cast you as the Defense Attorney in a modern remake of the Devil and Daniel Webster.

The Adversary wouldnt have a snowballs chance in hell, against you. (Yes I'm already sorry i said it)                             

Rich

A fellow punster!

Rich

As Jose Ferrer noted in The Caine Mutiny. "I'd much rather prosecute."

Lol.

Rich

As Jose Ferrer noted in The Caine Mutiny. "I'd much rather prosecute."

Lol.

I mean with that venue and that jury...its basically a fait accompli.....

I mean with that venue and that jury...its basically a fait accompli.....

Even Marcia Clark & Chris Darden couldn't screw that one up...maybe.

Archived