joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter of 2014-15 Picture thread

michsnowfreak

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. My fav is the one with the ornaments. You arent going back to London soon are you? They have no snow lol

Nice. My fav is the one with the ornaments. You arent going back to London soon are you? They have no snow lol

Thanks Josh. I actually thought of you when I took that shot. lol

No London until January. Hopefully by then a bitter NNW flow regime will have overtaken the Lakes. And you can pepper a few synoptics in there if you like.

My Xmas Eve Miracle Flakes - silver dollar size and some bigger (some 2" wide), probably the biggest I have ever seen!

Monster Flakes by the car, look how huge the ones just landing on the windshield are!

monstersnowflakes.jpg

I caught 4 monster flakes on my arm which gives a good size reference, and i have really big arms.

monstersnowflakes2.jpg

And here's a video I took of them falling, they always look smaller in videos for some reason especially at night.

Xmas Eve Monster Snowflakes Video

Lol. At the rate this winter is going, bo will be the only one posting here.

Nah we will all join back in soon :)

I was looking at my Wunderground pic library....

2014-15 season

Shots of November snow taken on the following dates

Nov 13

Nov 15

Nov 17

Nov 18

Nov 19

Nov 20

Nov 21

Nov 22

Shots of December snow taken on the following dates

---

I can tell from your sig Detroit officially got on the board for December as well. Congrats! I don't think I've ever personally experienced a shutout for one of the core winter months (DJF) and I don't imagine it would be pleasant.

shutouts in DJF are extremely rare. There have only been 10 DJF months on record (since 1880) with less than 1 inch of snow.

0 - Dec 1889

T - Feb 1998

0.1" - Dec 2014

0.4" - Dec 1894

0.4" - Jan 1933

0.7" - Feb 1953

0.8" - Jan 1921

0.9" - Jan 1932

0.9" - Dec 1943

0.9" - Feb 2004

I will give Ma Nature a pass for this one month since Detroits heavy snow records have been falling like dominos lately, but winter needs to get here ASAP.

Despite a near snowless, barren December....

2014 is still the 2nd snowiest calendar year on record with 82.3", just NARROWLY missing the record of 82.6" set in 2008.

2014 tied with 1978 for the most 1"+ snowcover days (86) of any calendar year &  2014 blows away all competition for all deep snowcover (6"+) records.

Archived