• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter of 2014-15 Picture thread

michsnowfreak

Fluff topped winter landscape this morning glistened like a million diamonds. No matter how hard I try, this is the type of stuff that a pic can never do justice. This winter may have lacked much excitement thus far, but it certainly hasnt lacked photographic opportunities.

4200-800.jpg

4201-800.jpg

4202-800.jpg

4203-800.jpg

100% agree with the bolded.  Very nice!  I think you captured it very nicely.  Pretty cool how you can see the flakes individually in some of the pics.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome Bo....

We just hammered out plans, heading up in 10 days.

I'm looking at going from St. Ignace to Copper Harbor.... Unless snow is paltry south of M28. If that is the case, we will unload in Newberry.

Thanks!

I bet you will find decent snow south of 28, especially if that big east coast storms develops. I've found in past situations like that, a persistent N flow is likely off Superior that delivers decent snow to the N half of the UP.

One thing I've noticed tho, with the lack of snow in the Lower P, more traffic on the trails up here. All the trails I've seen are in pretty good shape and of course the back country is deep all across the shoreline counties.

Thanks!

I bet you will find decent snow south of 28, especially if that big east coast storms develops. I've found in past situations like that, a persistent N flow is likely off Superior that delivers decent snow to the N half of the UP.

One thing I've noticed tho, with the lack of snow in the Lower P, more traffic on the trails up here. All the trails I've seen are in pretty good shape and of course the back country is deep all across the shoreline counties.

St Ignace can occationally get LES off Lake Michigan with a SE flow, it happened in November and I think they got 15+ inches,

Was screwing around with a photo editing program tonight and messed with that twisted tree pic from this past November.  Enhanced the colors quite a bit.  Gave it sort of a fake look, which I normally don't like, but in this case it seems kind of cool for some reason.  Could make for a good halloween pic or something lol.

24xncxi.jpg

Looking good Josh! I like the 5th one best but it almost doesn't look like night.

thats my favorite too. Although in person the most surreal sight was the ice flows on the river & fresh who snow contrasting with the dark night sky.

Im trying to get better at night photography. Im no cyclone, lol, but keeping the camera still as possible (tripod or any surface) can really.give some interesting nighttime pics.

The ground is bare and muddy now, so no new pics.  However, here's a pic from the night of Jan 7th, the same night I took some of those drift pics earlier in this thread.  This isn't anything special, just a snowy hillside, with the stars above.  Just felt like posting something with snow again though since it seems like it's been awhile lol.

2hfqbu1.jpg

Archived