• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter of 2014-15 Picture thread

michsnowfreak

Neat pics of Wrigley. I have seen many pics of Comerica Park covered in snow, but last winter was downtown right by the park one day and saw it for myself. I dont quite know how to explain it but its a surreal sight when you look at a place you spend many loud, fun summer nights at buried in a cloak of white and silence. Its a lot different than looking at your own backyard and picturing it in summer vs winter.

Todays winter adventure brought a quick thump of snow than freezing rain. The now ice-encased snowpack is quite a sight! Its been years since I have seen anything like it.

4339-800.jpg

4340-800.jpg

4341-800.jpg

4342-800.jpg

4343-800.jpg

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love before and after pics...good luck down there!

Took a few cell phone pics on after work...but man...this stuff NEEDS to be photographed with a good camera. What a surreal sight it is to see smooth glass everywhere on top of the deep snow.

4344-800.jpg

4345-800.jpg

4346-800.jpg

Cool pics...looks like you could skate on that stuff.

Cool pics...looks like you could skate on that stuff.

thanks. I have never seen anything like it here. At some point in the next few days I want to take my camera and try and get a few pics in the hour of light I will have when I get home from work lol. Its like snow in the deep south. Who the hell knows when you will see something like this again?

thanks. I have never seen anything like it here. At some point in the next few days I want to take my camera and try and get a few pics in the hour of light I will have when I get home from work lol. Its like snow in the deep south. Who the hell knows when you will see something like this again?

One thing I can think of that could really set these pics off is if you can get some deep blue skies above it that can be reflected in that icy glaze.  With the right perspective that would look badass.  

One thing I can think of that could really set these pics off is if you can get some deep blue skies above it that can be reflected in that icy glaze. With the right perspective that would look badass.

That would be awesome. It was really the perfect conditions. We had a deep, cold snowpack, a few inches of fresh snow then turned to freezing rain. About 0.15" rain fell with temps in the mid-20s. Temps rising into the 30s later were too little, too late. The glaze was there and wasnt budging. The ground was so cold that when we maxed at 37F sidewalk was still icy.

It was cloudy/foggy/light rainy here today, but the sun made somewhat of an appearance right at the end. Had a "fiery" look to it tonight. Snapped a few shots with my phone on my evening walk. Also, snow piles getting a little less every day. Sad times for this winter weenie. 

It was cloudy/foggy/light rainy here today, but the sun made somewhat of an appearance right at the end. Had a "fiery" look to it tonight. Snapped a few shots with my phone on my evening walk. Also, snow piles getting a little less every day. Sad times for this winter weenie. 

attachicon.gifIMG_0778.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0779.JPG

neat pics of the sun (not the grass :P )

The cross-country skiing pics are cool. Always wanted to get into that. That seems to be a very popular winter activity here in parks during winter.

I keep thinking winter pic opportunities are on the wane, but todays sky was absolutely gorgoeus. Bluest ive seen in a while. 55F felt like 70F and yet theres still some snow on the ground lol

4367-800.jpg

4368-800.jpg

Archived