joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter of 2014-15 Picture thread

michsnowfreak

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one's actually from a few weeks ago.  No snow on the ground or anything, but kind of a winter pic.  Pass by this twisted up Cottonwood tree all the time on the way to work and always thought it looked very creepy.  Kind of reminds me of the tree from the movie Sleepy Hollow.  Coyotes were yipping up a storm a half mile or so to the west at the time I was out there. 

eqwbv7.jpg

Sad to say this tree no longer exists.  I passed by this thing for years and sort of admired it's creepiness.  Finally stopped and got this shot back in November, and just this past week the farmer who owns this property cleared out a bunch of trees for some reason, and this was one of them.  Sad to see it go.

She loves snow. No doubt where I got this obsession sickness from. :D

Oh my mom is the same way. She loves snow. But then again we live in the same city unlike you and your mom. She is always telling me to tag her in my snow pics I put on facebook so a few of her friends that live out of state can see them. Third-party snow pics I guess :lol: Every once in a while she will take a pic of snow but 99% of the pics in her phone are of my nephew lol.

Great pics everyone... some really nice shots capturing winter.

DEEP snow winter happening here. 40-42" around my area. just a constant snow globe lately.

Up here in the more rural part of the County, so much more snow falls as compared to Marquette, so rarely get any kind of a headline it seems... oh well :D

I would.

So why did you choose that part of the UP? Do your research...they get more snow/winter than Keweenaw?

well there's areas of the Keweenaw that routinely get 300" a season. The average where I live is 250" roughly( several years over 300"). There's been 2 winters in the past 13 that didn't get 250" and they were 200". I def did my research. I like the remoteness of N Marquette Co.(It feels like true wilderness, with 2 or less people per sq mile in my 'hood), but I also like the fact that in 30 min I can be in Marquette, while not a huge town, is a young town, and has about everything. NW lower was really depressed IMO.

I love snow, so I moved to where it falls and falls a lot. I've had just over 150" so far this season, but with superior freezing over so fast, 200" is a lock I Imagine, but 250", IDK this year.

well there's areas of the Keweenaw that routinely get 300" a season. The average where I live is 250" roughly( several years over 300"). There's been 2 winters in the past 13 that didn't get 250" and they were 200". I def did my research. I like the remoteness of N Marquette Co.(It feels like true wilderness, with 2 or less people per sq mile in my 'hood), but I also like the fact that in 30 min I can be in Marquette, while not a huge town, is a young town, and has about everything. NW lower was really depressed IMO.

I love snow, so I moved to where it falls and falls a lot. I've had just over 150" so far this season, but with superior freezing over so fast, 200" is a lock I Imagine, but 250", IDK this year.

Cool. Yeah, I know Marquette is a university town so I can see it be a bit more youthful. Plus, once you're over 200"/year, who's counting? :lol: I'd trade 50" in that case to be closer to a built up area. 

Cool. Yeah, I know Marquette is a university town so I can see it be a bit more youthful. Plus, once you're over 200"/year, who's counting? :lol: I'd trade 50" in that case to be closer to a built up area. 

Erie County has a million people in it. Colden/Boston Hills 30 minutes southeast of Buffalo average 200"+ per year. 90 mins with no traffic to Toronto. Perrysburg NY 45 minutes south of Buffalo average 250-300"+. But if you want to go all out Redfield/Hooker in the Tug usually average 300"+ per year. Plus you get to experience 4-6"+ inches per hour rates.

Here is the Oct-April Snowfall totals by month

Perrysburg (Erie) last year:

OP Perrysburg                     T 28.0 117.0 75.0 57.5 33.5     311.0

Redfield (Ontario):

C13 Redfield                                     1.3 14.0 146.5 93.0 61.0 33.0 5.0   353.8

Archived