joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 1/2 Coastal Chance?

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 00z ECMWF gets the southern 2/3rds of the area with a solid inverted trough, but I would be very careful since we're still four days out and these features are very difficult to forecast. What was more interesting to me is that it developed a fairly potent surface low just offshore in the wake of the inverted trough. If the energy can consolidate so more we could be looking at a full blown noreaster. Still need a lot to change for that to happen, but it was a big improvement.

If you think you're getting an inch of snow from this..im sorry but your crazy. This is and has always been flurries/snowshowers at best.

Well let's be honest.....we're clearly changing our opinions with each model run here, aren't we? The model runs did show a storm with significant impacts (more than flurries or snow showers). If this was February and the models showed this/that, it's implications would be a large storm. I think it is more based on the likelihood of it happening in November and not in the scope of this storm's impacts. If it gets its act together, we could see accumulating snow. I don't think that it will likely happen at all, but there's no reason why it definitely would not. Besides, anyone posting in this forum/thread anyway is holding on to hope for a little bit of something, maybe more. Some just always seem to take the side of criticizing others for admitting it

Some of you really need to take it down a few notches, especially considering that the weather is a subject with an outcome none of you can control. A board is for varying opinions and views, not just the popular view.

The problem is, he was speaking in absolutes. This hasn't even happened yet. Calling people crazy for discussing the possibility of snow isn't right. The only person that needs to take it down a few notches are people speaking in absolutes 5 days out from the storm

Guest Imperator

The problem is, he was speaking in absolutes. This hasn't even happened yet. Calling people crazy for discussing the possibility of snow isn't right. The only person that needs to take it down a few notches are people speaking in absolutes 5 days out from the storm

Agreed.

I remember a lot of people didn't think that NYC would see snow from the 11/2/12 storm.

The models should probably begin to converge now that Ana's remnants are ashore

along the West Coast now. Tropical connections can always make for an interesting

storm to track.

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/blog/archives/17056

There are three separate disturbances involved here. Two of them are in data sparse regions of Northern Canada.

The 00z ECMWF gets the southern 2/3rds of the area with a solid inverted trough, but I would be very careful since we're still four days out and these features are very difficult to forecast. What was more interesting to me is that it developed a fairly potent surface low just offshore in the wake of the inverted trough. If the energy can consolidate so more we could be looking at a full blown noreaster. Still need a lot to change for that to happen, but it was a big improvement.

0z Euro ensembles are much better then the operational. Especially for the coast.

There are three separate disturbances involved here. Two of them are in data sparse regions of Northern Canada.

Yeah, this long animation shows how Ana's remnants play into the mix. This will be interesting  to track now that

the models will start to converge.

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/goes/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Ana_WV_1200UTC_12-27October_arrow.gif

Had about 8" of cement during the November snowstorm. Branches were down everywhere and I had no power for three days.

It wasn't that bad here but it was bad traveling home from work especially no one had any idea that it was going to snow. I remember the Euro was the first model to show significant snow for the area.

Some of you really need to take it down a few notches, especially considering that the weather is a subject with an outcome none of you can control. A board is for varying opinions and views, not just the popular view.

The people who have to take it down a few notches are those that dismiss any potential 120 hours out and say anyone expecting anything out of this is wrong. That sounds more like a definitive statement, not an opinion or view.  

Had about 8" of cement during the November snowstorm. Branches were down everywhere and I had no power for three days.

One fell on my car and broke my driver's side mirror and dented my whole roof. I popped out the roof and replaced the mirror myself but every day I drive my car I'm reminded of that November storm from looking at all the bumps on my poor car roof.

troof! do tree's actually grow in "da hood"? and I don't mean the ones people smoke :lol:

Brooklyn and Manhattan have the least amount of trees.

Queens, Bronx and Staten Island have a lot of sections that are pretty thick in trees. Especially Northeast Queens and Northern Bronx.

Queens, Bronx and Staten Island have a lot of sections that are pretty thick in trees. Especially Northeast Queens and Northern Bronx.

Add the fact that we have underground wires and I've never lost power in my life (weather replated that is)

Guest Imperator

0Z ECMWF Text output for JFK:

SAT 00Z 01-NOV 12.0 -0.2 1012 64 41 0.00 553 544
SAT 03Z 01-NOV 11.6 0.1 1011 66 34 0.00 552 543
SAT 06Z 01-NOV 11.3 1.0 1009 69 34 0.01 550 543
SAT 09Z 01-NOV 10.7 1.9 1007 87 79 0.01 549 543
SAT 12Z 01-NOV 10.7 1.0 1007 93 98 0.21 549 543
SAT 15Z 01-NOV 10.1 1.2 1007 93 88 0.30 548 543
SAT 18Z 01-NOV 9.4 1.2 1006 87 97 0.41 548 543
SAT 21Z 01-NOV 9.1 1.0 1005 84 96 0.03 546 542
SUN 00Z 02-NOV 8.7 -0.1 1005 81 88 0.06 544 540
SUN 03Z 02-NOV 7.8 0.0 1004 79 87 0.03 542 539
SUN 06Z 02-NOV 7.2 -1.1 1002 80 97 0.09 540 539
SUN 09Z 02-NOV 6.8 -3.0 1002 76 99 0.02 538 537
SUN 12Z 02-NOV 6.0 -2.7 1004 77 98 0.05 537 534
SUN 15Z 02-NOV 6.8 -4.3 1005 70 93 0.02 538 533
SUN 18Z 02-NOV 8.2 -5.9 1006 55 82 0.03 539 534 

How can you say that Manhattan doesn't have a lot of trees when they have Central Park? Brooklyn is really the only boro that is almost wall to wall pavement.

Archived