joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 1/2 Coastal Chance?

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The old grammar correction because you don't agree with what I just stated. I LOVE IT!! Means I am doing something right. 

Well, naturally: seeing as we have a non-event on our hands, you surely have a surplus of time normally spent deciphering forecast products to ensure your posts adhere to the most basic standards of grammar.

I'll take that bet, BTW. Somebody in the NYC forecast area will see an inch of snow. A couple well-placed ULL-driven squalls in the hills of Rockland County and you're there.

Well, naturally: seeing as we have a non-event on our hands, you surely have a surplus of time normally spent deciphering forecast products to ensure your posts adhere to the most basic standards of grammar.

I'll take that bet, BTW. Somebody in the NYC forecast area will see an inch of snow. A couple well-placed ULL-driven squalls in the hills of Rockland County and you're there.

You try too hard..all I can do is laugh. It's a weather forum. 

1. It wasn't better than the 18z actually.

2. One run is not considered a trend

Technically it did look a tad warmer on the frontal passage but hey there's plenty of time to change and 0z run has more precipitation. I'll take more precip with collapsing temperatures rather than dry with plummeting temps. 12z was better yes but 0z was better than the 18z IMO

1. It wasn't better than the 18z actually.

2. One run is not considered a trend 

The GFS is developing a lead system that makes the trough too progressive and the baroclinic zone is dragged out to sea, meaning the main trough can't close off and develop a system in time for us. Verbatim that's nothing more than some showers.

The GFS is developing a lead system that makes the trough too progressive and the baroclinic zone is dragged out to sea, meaning the main trough can't close off and develop a system in time for us. Verbatim that's nothing more than some showers.

agree but plenty of time for that trough to dig a little more like it was showing on the 12z. 3 more days of model runs than we can finally assume it'll be just a few showers with some snow mixed in. Let's see what the euro shows

Explode..um no. Flakes..um yes.

During the time of the possible storm, the AO and NAO are going negative while the PNA is going positive. Indications of a storm. The storm could explode just like the 12z GFS showed. We need the clipper to interact more with the low offshore.

During the time of the possible storm, the AO and NAO are going negative while the PNA is going positive. Indications of a storm. The storm could explode just like the 12z GFS showed. We need the clipper to interact more with the low offshore.

anthony that's all I needed to know. We need that trough digging like the 12z knowing now that the PNA will be positive is a great sign! Talk later

UPTON

THE PATTERN SEEMS TO BE LOCKED IN FOR A BIT OF WINTER FRI NIGHT
INTO SUN. THIS DOES NOT MEAN HOWEVER THERE IS NOT A HIGH AMOUNT
OF UNCERTAINTY WITH RESPECT TO THE EXACT DETAILS OF THE FCST. FOR
NOW...SOME LGT PRECIPITATION POSSIBLE FRI NIGHT AS THE UPPER LOW
APPROACHES. THIS SHOULD BE MAINLY RAIN WITH THE ARCTIC AIR STILL
UPSTREAM. HOWEVER...THERE COULD BE JUST ENOUGH COLD AIR INLAND TO RESULT IN A RASN MIX OR PERIOD OF SNOW LATE FRI NIGHT INTO SAT
MORNING. AGAIN THIS PRECIPITATION APPEARS TO BE LGT AT THIS TIME.

LOW PRES THEN TAKES SHAPE OFF THE COAST SAT. THE ECMWF IS CONSISTENT WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT AND GENERAL PLACEMENT. THE GFS DEVELOPS THE SFC LOW SUFFICIENTLY FAR ENOUGH NE OF THE AREA TO RESULT IN ONLY NW FLOW RAIN AND/OR SNOW SHOWERS. THIS TOO HAS
BEEN CONSISTENT HOWEVER. THE BULK OF THE GFS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS
SUPPORT THE GFS...BUT NOT ALL. AS A RESULT...THE OFFICIAL FCST IS
A 40 POP SAT AND A 30-40 POP SAT NIGHT TAPERING OFF SUN.

CIPS ANALOG BASED OFF THE GFS INDICATES LOW IMPACT WITH SNOW
ACCUMULATIONS RELEGATED TO N AND W OF THE CWA...MAINLY IN THE SNOW
BELT. IF THE 00Z ECMWF VERIFIES HOWEVER...ACCUMULATING SNOW FOR
MUCH OF THE CWA POSSIBLY ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE COAST.

Guest Imperator

For someone so new he was coming off as quite pretentious last night, glad someone said something because I was about to.

Some of you really need to take it down a few notches, especially considering that the weather is a subject with an outcome none of you can control. A board is for varying opinions and views, not just the popular view.

Some of you really need to take it down a few notches, especially considering that the weather is a subject with an outcome none of you can control. A board is for varying opinions and views, not just the popular view.

An opinion is one thing but nobody likes 'that guy' who comes across as the know it all and calls out people who are just having a discussion

Archived