Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Historic Lake Effect Snowstorm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depew fire (or area) reporting collapse at a nursing home. I believe that is what I just heard. No address. Message was cut off. 

EDIT: I think it is in Cheektowaga area. Hundred plus being evacuated. Mutual aid coming from surrounding towns.

Garden Gate Health Care Facility on Union Road in Cheektowaga. 125 residents. "Unsafe Conditions"

5 Saybrook Road Orchard Park NY fire in the building, companies having difficulty getting on scene. They appear to be in the band. It's been several minutes and I believe there is only one or two companies there yet. 

EDIT: Interior crews knocked down the fire. That's a good job by them

I don't think the band itself gets too much further north today.

5 Saybrook Road Orchard Park NY fire in the building, companies having difficulty getting on scene. They appear to be in the band. It's been several minutes and I believe there is only one or two companies there yet. 

EDIT: Interior crews knocked down the fire. That's a good job by them

I don't think the band itself gets too much further north today.

It was a chimney fire, they have chimney chains and a roof ladder for overhaul now.

8 dead, roofs collapsing, people stranded in their homes, driving banned, store shelves empty, gas stations without gas, and it's still snowing! But let's play a football game! And while we're at it, use some local resources too! The NFL needs to get it's head out of it's a** and move the game to another day.

8 dead, roofs collapsing, people stranded in their homes, driving banned, store shelves empty, gas stations without gas, and it's still snowing! But let's play a football game! And while we're at it, use some local resources too! The NFL needs to get it's head out of it's a** and move the game to another day.

Amen.

They should be busing in where possible, any volunteers from outside the are to help with roofs and driveways and such.  Instead of the Bills asking for volunteers to clean up their precious stadium.

The beat goes on...

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL CONTINUE TO IMPACT THE BUFFALO SOUTHTOWNSAND LAKE ERIE SHORELINE EAST TO THE BOSTON HILLS AND WESTERN WYOMINGCOUNTY...* AT 1250 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A  LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND CAPABLE OF PRODUCING SNOWFALL RATES OF 3  INCHES PER HOUR OR MORE...AND VISIBILITY NEAR ZERO AT TIMES. THIS  LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND WAS LOCATED ALONG THE LAKE ERIE  SHORELINE OF CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY NORTHEAST ACROSS THE BOSTON HILLS  AND SOUTHTOWNS...INTO WESTERN WYOMING COUNTY.  THIS BAND WILL ALSO  CLIP FAR SOUTHERN GENESEE COUNTY FOR SEVERAL HOURS THIS AFTERNOON.  THE BAND WILL REMAIN IN PLACE THIS AFTERNOON...THEN BEGIN TO  DRIFT BACK SOUTH AFTER DARK.* SOME LOCATIONS AFFECTED BY THE LAKE EFFECT SNOW BAND INCLUDE...  BOSTON AND WEST FALLS...  COLDEN...WALES...EAST AURORA...  LACKAWANNA...ORCHARD PARK...HAMBURG...  ELMA...WEST SENECA...ALDEN...  BENNINGTON AND ATTICA...  VARYSBURG...HOLLAND AND MARILLA...

Archived