Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Historic Lake Effect Snowstorm

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geez.....look at that band pushing into the tug hill from Lake Ontario. Easily 5" per hour rates +

ACCUMULATIONS...UP TO 2 INCHES OVERNIGHT...12 TO 24 INCHES  THURSDAY...MORE THAN 2 FEET THURSDAY NIGHT...AND UP TO 2 INCHES  FRIDAY...LEADING TO STORM TOTALS OF 3 TO 4 FEET IN THE MOST  PERSISTENT LAKE SNOWS FROM NEAR WATERTOWN AND FORT DRUM  SOUTHWARDS TO THE TUG HILL PLATEAU.

I cannot believe the radar I am seeing now. Its nearing West Seneca and Lackawanna. Drifts over houses tmrw AM? Need to force myself to just go to sleep... but surreal to see the same corridor in the crosshaie again. Orchard Park, home of the Bills has been near the heart of it for both storms. I don't think there will be a game Sunday.

none of the models ive seen forecast this north shift? you guys see that anywhere? obviously, this is tough to model, but this is surprising me a bit.

Always goes farther north than modeled in early season events. Last round did as well as the jackpot was my house but the jackpot accumulations was 5 miles north of me. Feels funny saying that after receiving 50 inches from round one.

not to feign intelligence, but i think ive seen this before. the environment is sooo amped, that micro lows are forming along the lake and spraying the snow over a wider area. vs the other days event (sick) that had that stable streamer with that north cut off. if i lived in buf proper, id be happy to see this. just my rambling 2 cents. Lake Ontario gets micro lows in later winter often.

not to feign intelligence, but i think ive seen this before. the environment is sooo amped, that micro lows are forming along the lake and spraying the snow over a wider area. vs the other days event (sick) that had that stable streamer with that north cut off. if i lived in buf proper, id be happy to see this. just my rambling 2 cents. Lake Ontario gets micro lows in later winter often.

I hope you are right man :D

Archived