joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Massive Nor'easter Disco 10/21-25

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The anomalous easterly flow in the mid-levels will def support some big orgraphic enhancement from CNE to NNE...it depends on how far south that anomalous flow is strong...its OK in ORH county/Monads...but not amazing, much better as you go north. Maine elevations over to like Pinkham Notch/Whites will probably get a lot of enhanced totals.

12z NAM was a bit more impressive further south than the 06z GFS and 00z Euro.

The anomalous easterly flow in the mid-levels will def support some big orgraphic enhancement from CNE to NNE...it depends on how far south that anomalous flow is strong...its OK in ORH county/Monads...but not amazing, much better as you go north. Maine elevations over to like Pinkham Notch/Whites will probably get a lot of enhanced totals.

-5Sd ,nice

Yeah BTV going with spots of 3"+ along east slopes of the Greens, and maybe northern CPV with northerly convergence flow.

It's fairly astonishing how well this has been modeled. This system first showed up at day ten and was more focused towards the Mid-Atlantic. Ever since the shift around 6 days ago towards New England and especially NNE the models haven't waivered much.

:lol: I was thinking the same thing when I saw that graphic...not sure where 36 hours of strong winds comes out of those maps.

Old run but 3.09" would be a lot here.

The LP is pronged around 1008mb which certainly is not close to a power house lol, Just a sustained ENE fetch off the Atlantic with ample moisture inflow is the biggest factor moreso then the wind inland

It's also a massive TROWAL too. Just a big area of isentropic lift that gets slammed into the high terrain too. The high terrain can help enhance the dome of low level cold air and thus enhance the lift as that warmer and more moist air moves in.

Image. Note the isotherms sloping up a bit as you hit the mtns. A better example is potential temp, but it drives the point home.

post-33-0-01278400-1413819893_thumb.jpg

I'm amazed at the consistency on the models, especially since this is very reliant on the exact propagation of individual shortwaves around the low center.

After a few runs that had shifted the axis of heavier precip into Central and Northern Maine, The consensus and focus has been back south this way, Models seem to be digging trough further SE over the mid west so that would explain the more south solutions as we get closer in

After a few runs that had shifted the axis of heavier precip into Central and Northern Maine, The consensus and focus has been back south this way, Models seem to be digging trough further SE over the mid west so that would explain the more south solutions as we get closer in

Well the models were origionally a lot further SW and that was putting the heavier rain into the NYC area. Seems like nobody even remembers those runs anymore.

Well the models were origionally a lot further SW and that was putting the heavier rain into the NYC area. Seems like nobody even remembers those runs anymore.

True, I think the Euro was onto this first i believe back 10 or so days ago and yes it was NY/NJ early on, Myself, I wish it was still there................. :)

Archived