joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Let's talk Winter!

Steve

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

by the way....Ganahl's forecast tonight on the news was a pile of the wtf? lol His graphics didn't match what he was saying. He was talking about how we will change to rain as his future radar model was looping in the background showing an all snow event north of Chillicothe. Then he showed the snow amount forecast which had the heaviest snow in the state right across Columbus at 5.5" and he said the snow will be heavier the further nw you go from Columbus. Then to top it off, he ended it by saying several inches of snow on Sunday and the graphic for Sunday had rain :lol::wacko:

By the way, he is HUGE! Remember when he supposedly had to lose all that weight because he was retaining a ton of water, he passed out, flat-lined and was off work for several weeks? Well he is now even bigger then when that happened. He's almost TLC documentary big. In all seriousness he's stumbling thru a minefield right now as far as his health is concerned :yikes:

It's not funny but I am in tears reading your post. He looks terrible! He is having trouble talking on the air as well again & out of breathe which is what happened last time before he almost died. Someone needs to smack him & tell him it's no joke & get in some better shape.

As far as that forecast, it kind of fits the messenger right now...A MESS! Oy!

It's not funny but I am in tears reading your post. He looks terrible! He is having trouble talking on the air as well again & out of breathe which is what happened last time before he almost died. Someone needs to smack him & tell him it's no joke & get in some better shape.

As far as that forecast, it kind of fits the messenger right now...A MESS! Oy!

he seriously needs an intervention or something.  The sad thing is, he's has kids, (I think teenagers by now), you'd think someone would be hitting him up side the head asking him wtf is he doing?

hard to tell on that map but yours looks a little more generous a bit south of that. Like I said hard to tell without county outlines or a 40 lat line running thru

It is. And that is more than likely where the change will come when I do my final call one tomorrow. I'm figuring 2-4 south of I70 with 1-2" around athens.

It is. And that is more than likely where the change will come when I do my final call one tomorrow. I'm figuring 2-4 south of I70 with 1-2" around athens.

if we stay all snow...I think your map is probably pretty good.  I'm not buying into the idea that it'll be really hard to accumulate snow due to sun angle and topping out a degree or two above freezing....that might shave us off an inch, but that's about it.

If we have mixing then yea, accums way down.   More likely we either score big or have 1-3" slopper

could be, but that seems odd coming off such an extended period of frigid temps....surface temps should be plenty cold, we'll have a snow cover, and of course it'll be cloudy when it's snowing...lol. 

But yea, I'm not saying you're wrong...it's definitely that time of year where these things become considerations.

March 7-8, 2008.  With the right track and thermals, there is no reason to have an issue with accumulation in early March, even during the day.

by the way....Ganahl's forecast tonight on the news was a pile of the wtf? lol   His graphics didn't match what he was saying.  He was talking about how we will change to rain as his future radar model was looping in the background showing an all snow event north of Chillicothe.  Then he showed the snow amount forecast which had the heaviest snow in the state right across Columbus at 5.5" and he said the snow will be heavier the further nw you go from Columbus.    Then to top it off, he ended it by saying several inches of snow on Sunday and the graphic for Sunday had rain :lol:  :wacko:  

By the way, he is HUGE!   Remember when he supposedly had to lose all that weight because he was retaining a ton of water, he passed out, flat-lined and was off work for several weeks?   Well he is now even bigger then when that happened.  He's almost TLC documentary big.  In all seriousness he's stumbling thru a minefield right now as far as his health is concerned  :yikes:

Used to love the guy for weather, not so much now... but he's always had health problems, whether it be with his addictions or weight or what have you.  I have been expecting an early retirement for him for some time. 

March 7-8, 2008. With the right track and thermals, there is no reason to have an issue with accumulation in early March, even during the day.

I feel as though we had slightly better forcing and higher precip rates with that event than this Sunday ;)

As I stated earlier, we had the heavy snow last weekend which overcame marginal temps. Not sure we get that again. Plus, did march 08 fall at 33-34 degrees?

I feel as though we had slightly better forcing and higher precip rates with that event than this Sunday ;)

As I stated earlier, we had the heavy snow last weekend which overcame marginal temps. Not sure we get that again. Plus, did march 08 fall at 33-34 degrees?

March 08 was definitely colder. As far as rates last weekend, the first batch was kind of showery....then there was a long lull and the back half was steady but not what I would call heavy...mostly moderate and light. ....and we still never changed over. I was kind of surprised that lull didn't screw us.

March 08 was definitely colder. As far as rates last weekend, the first batch was kind of showery....then there was a long lull and the back half was steady but not what I would call heavy...mostly moderate and light. ....and we still never changed over. I was kind of surprised that lull didn't screw us.

Not so much down here. We had the heaviest snow I've ever seen in my life. Dumped 2" in about 90 minutes. Measured at 38 dbz right over my house on radar.

Not so much down here. We had the heaviest snow I've ever seen in my life. Dumped 2" in about 90 minutes. Measured at 38 dbz right over my house on radar.

We need to get you downwind of a Great Lake in late fall or early winter. I'd have to imagine that 2" of snow also came on over a quarter inch of liquid, which is impressive, but we can get you better than 2" in 90 minutes haha...it'd probably be a bit fluffier though.

Will probably have a call around mid afternoon but for Columbus leaning 3-5"...potentially a stripe of 5-8" between I-70 and US 30 if all goes well. But I'll map everything after I sleep.

We need to get you downwind of a Great Lake in late fall or early winter. I'd have to imagine that 2" of snow also came on over a quarter inch of liquid, which is impressive, but we can get you better than 2" in 90 minutes haha...it'd probably be a bit fluffier though.

Will probably have a call around mid afternoon but for Columbus leaning 3-5"...potentially a stripe of 5-8" between I-70 and US 30 if all goes well. But I'll map everything after I sleep.

LOL yes!  I do recall the super clipper of 2010 when we got 6" in about 3 hours or so...so maybe that one tops last weekend :)  I'd say what makes last Saturday stand out was not just the rate of snow, but also the size of flakes.  To see it come down so heavy with such huge flakes was awesome!  Can't say I recall too many 35+ dbz snow returns over my house without sleet mixing in.  But yes....L.E. would be awesome to witness!

0z Euro coming in colder.  Safely snow for Cbus and more down here in Cincy.  Interesting...the NAM scored last weekend but that was when it was cooler than other guidance.  Will it score again but being warmer than other guidance???

that looks ok...definitely on the conservative side though.  I think 4-6" is probably a good bet.  I'm not sure why ILN is so hell bent on changing this to rain tomorrow.   The nam was the only model showing that, and it has trended colder since.  The 12z nam looks like it's all snow for Franklin County, with possible mixing for a brief time south of that.

If accums are on the lighter side it may have more to do with less precip in general.

Plumes took a big jump.....huge grouping between 4 and 6"....mean at 5"

By the way, did you guys see the 00z euro?    It goes bonkers with the 3rd wave and puts down like a foot of snow across the southeast half of OH after our rainstorm lol.   

Archived