• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

I'm not a hunter either but I think its fine if they play by the rules. The state had a much lower moose quota the past few years due to a winter tick but the population is rising again so I think they have a good handle on things.

With deer I think you should be able to hunt more, lol, those things are like big squirrels. But I know a bunch of folks that eat all winter on the meat they hunt in the fall.

If the hunters use the meat, I'm okay with it. Otherwise no.

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moose season just ended in VT...and totally off-topic but this season saw the largest moose ever taken with a bow in VT. I've seen a couple moose in the Stowe area over the years but holy crap this thing is massive. I can't believe an arrow took this thing down.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is a beast and looks like he is at least 1,500 lbs

Frigid.

80+ nights are preferable, though a little rare in November.

But I'm mostly just frustrated that lows in the 60's and a week of northerly wind will take away any hope of snorkeling in the Dry Tortugas.  The water gives up its heat reserves in about 36 hours since it's about as deep as a swimming pool.

80+ nights are preferable, though a little rare in November.

But I'm mostly just frustrated that lows in the 60's and a week of northerly wind will take away any hope of snorkeling in the Dry Tortugas.  The water gives up its heat reserves in about 36 hours since it's about as deep as a swimming pool.

Their record Sunday is 62F...MEX has 62F right now. You planned your tropical vacay around record lows. :(

So BTV is trying to make an annual snowfall map in New England...they posted this. Any thoughts?

*I have no idea how much if any time was spent on the areas outside their CWA.

I feel like it's got my local spot correct right on the 125" line or a little below. The extent of 125-149" dark blue down into the ORH hills and all the way into Litchfield CT is larger than I would've expected. Money Pit Mike is bordering on the 150" zone along the MA/VT border.

The yellow 150"+ area on the Maine coastal plain is also more than I would've guessed.

Mansfield says 200" on the graphic but it's colored 250"+...that makes sense because they have to list the Coop snowfall but on some level everyone knows that's BS haha. Jay Peak area certainly looks under-done. Southern VT maxing at over 250"+ looks over-done.

Northern half of the Adirondacks look under-done. They get SW flow lake effect but also a lot of nickle and dime upslope. That whole NW shelf of the Dacks looks low. I know the poster "ADK" has done a bit of ski touring in areas that he says are vastly under-represented in snowfall.

I get there are a lot of spots that aren't inhabited or have data so you basically use precip climo and go from there, but I'd be curious what others think in their backyard.

10382853_748411938564043_802956925191548

I also would not put NE CT and NW RI in the same shading as parts of SE MA no matter what the scale is. Relying heavily on some COOP sites I presume?

That's what I was thinking...COOPs.

It's got MPM at almost 150" per year on the MA/VT border.

My guess is there's some precip climo in there too...but overall it seems the BTV CWA is pretty good, maybe underdone up near Jay, but that whatever they used to fill in the other CWA's is over-done.

So BTV is trying to make an annual snowfall map in New England...they posted this. Any thoughts?

*I have no idea how much if any time was spent on the areas outside their CWA.

I feel like it's got my local spot correct right on the 125" line or a little below. The extent of 125-149" dark blue down into the ORH hills and all the way into Litchfield CT is larger than I would've expected. Money Pit Mike is bordering on the 150" zone along the MA/VT border.

The yellow 150"+ area on the Maine coastal plain is also more than I would've guessed.

Mansfield says 200" on the graphic but it's colored 250"+...that makes sense because they have to list the Coop snowfall but on some level everyone knows that's BS haha. Jay Peak area certainly looks under-done. Southern VT maxing at over 250"+ looks over-done.

Northern half of the Adirondacks look under-done. They get SW flow lake effect but also a lot of nickle and dime upslope. That whole NW shelf of the Dacks looks low. I know the poster "ADK" has done a bit of ski touring in areas that he says are vastly under-represented in snowfall.

I get there are a lot of spots that aren't inhabited or have data so you basically use precip climo and go from there, but I'd be curious what others think in their backyard.

10382853_748411938564043_802956925191548

Way overdone here, My avg is 70"

Archived