• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
font size different

weatherwiz

Not sure if it's my computer or if there were any changes here but the font size has appeared quite different over the past few days.  It seems like the font size is much smaller than it was before.  

I'm wondering if perhaps I altered something by mistake b/c I noticed when I read AFD's the font size and the text style also are different as well.   

Paul,

Are you using Chrome?  I have had major changes over the last couple of days on any website I have gone to.  Right now, I am typing this message, and it's in italics!  It's driving me crazy!!!  Ironically, I do not notice any problems when reading messages here, though.

Was there an update on Chrome in the last few days?  I have tried to change fonts to no avail.

--Turtle  

P.S.  Once I enter onto the site, it's just fine.  Grrrrr....

Yes I am using chrome.

I have noticed differences with text differences on numerous sites including here, NWS, SPC, and with the twitter bird extension and typing tweets.

The latest Chrome update is the problem. For now, go to settings>advanced settings>web content:  set page zoom to 125%. It helps. I'm starting to hate Chrome!  :cry: 

That does help, thanks!  

This latest update really blows.  

Yeah, I've had some issues with it on other sites as well.  Another option is to use an alternate skin I've made called "touch".  I've increased the font sizes along with using new fonts altogether.  It's more convenient for touch devices.

Go to "Change Theme" in the bottom left corner.

Yeah, I've had some issues with it on other sites as well. Another option is to use an alternate skin I've made called "touch". I've increased the font sizes along with using new fonts altogether. It's more convenient for touch devices.

Go to "Change Theme" in the bottom left corner.

I will do this next time I'm on my laptop, thanks!

The latest Chrome update is the problem. For now, go to settings>advanced settings>web content:  set page zoom to 125%. It helps. I'm starting to hate Chrome!  :cry: 

Yes, this does help in reading posts, but still have the damn italics.  Grrr...   IE is OK.  Hmmm...

--Turtle 

• 2 months later...

I'll look at other fonts.  I had been been personally using the "touch" skin with oversized elements that when I went back to the default skin the text looked terrible to me.  Go to the bottom left corner and change the theme to "touch" and see if you like it.  I'll still work on the default skin.

I'll look at other fonts.  I had been been personally using the "touch" skin with oversized elements that when I went back to the default skin the text looked terrible to me.  Go to the bottom left corner and change the theme to "touch" and see if you like it.  I'll still work on the default skin.

So you are saying it is impossible to have a font just like the old one with this new software?.

I strongly dislike the font I am seeing with Opera 12 now in both the messages and the overall theme. This happened with another message board but then it went back to Arial except the theme. I can't read it as well/fast since its more faint and "unofficial" looking. It appears a bit larger for me so its interesting some were reporting smaller. It really degrades the user experience on this board.

Archived