Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Vendor forecast thread

famartin

Hi Snow

I must have missed that one - but he is talking east coast storms but stressing nothing like the blizzard. So I am guessing he means nothing major just a couple of run of the mill potential noreasters - does that sound about right with what you heard?

Paul

Paul, not sure if you can see my posts, but I continue to question...
Is he back peddling on his prior blog of "no more big snows for the east"???

JB touting the MJO as causing the warmth to be delayed but not denied (cannot fight the tropics). Now days 5 to 15 will be cold but centered in the Midwest for cold and snow - including the next big storm after this week which he says will likely go up west of the apps. Basically his thinking is while February will be cold relative to averages it will NOT be as cold as he originally thought. Also thinking we will likely NOT see any big snow storms in the east.

Thanks Paul...

This is what I was referring to ^^^

Correct - he has not backed off on no more "big snows" but is again saying today with a couple more snow events he sees from DC to NY with 10" to 15" more snow before the season is over - so no blizzard type events but maybe a 4" plus or 2 so a couple moderate events remain on the table

Thanks Paul...
This is what I was referring to ^^^

Correct - he has not backed off on no more "big snows" but is again saying today with a couple more snow events he sees from DC to NY with 10" to 15" more snow before the season is over - so no blizzard type events but maybe a 4" plus or 2 so a couple moderate events remain on the table

10"-15" DC to NYC rest of season??! He is on crack

One great thing about JB is you will never have a storm sneak up on you! He can always see a way....even if only at 850mb!

I used to truly respect him and his forecasts, but he has lost all credibility with me.  After we see 1 to perhaps 2" with this event and temps soar next week his 10"-15" call for the rest of the season DC-NYC is going to bust miserably.  I just don't get it with him anymore.

I used to truly respect him and his forecasts, but he has lost all credibility with me. After we see 1 to perhaps 2" with this event and temps soar next week his 10"-15" call for the rest of the season DC-NYC is going to bust miserably. I just don't get it with him anymore.

I completely get it with him. Boring forecasts don't sell. By hyping everything up, it gets him page views and subscriptions.

Exactly! I enjoy his thoughts.....he always can see the way to big snow or storms.....his long range ideas are usually pretty good to identify model weaknesses etc. However for a real forecast I just go to the NWS

I completely get it with him. Boring forecasts don't sell. By hyping everything up, it gets him page views and subscriptions.

Looks like JB while admitting he was a bit too far east with his forecast is talking up his being the only snow forecast in the 4 to 6" range that may verify in South Jersey

He is a joke.  Just stop pumping him up already.  The very southern tip of NJ see 4-6 and you call his forecast as "verifying"? I, too, am LMAO at JB's claiming of victory.

So what is up with NBC 10 and the weather team…

I had noticed since earlier in the winter a lot of switching around of time schedules with Glenn making many more 11pm appearances… Now today Sheena was on at 11 AM for the first time that I can recall and lo and behold Doug Kamerrer has shown his face again tonight at 6pm and I believe also at 11pm..

He's actually pretty good and nice to see him back at least for a short bit while it seems they're sorting out which direction they're heading!?

Anyone have any input on this?

I had noticed since earlier in the winter a lot of switching around of time schedules with Glenn making many more 11pm appearances… Now today Sheena was on at 11 AM for the first time that I can recall and lo and behold Doug Kamerrer has shown his face again tonight at 6pm and I believe also at 11pm..

He's actually pretty good and nice to see him back at least for a short bit while it seems they're sorting out which direction they're heading!?

As I understand it, Glenn is out with the flu. Doug is filling in and that's why there's been line up changes.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Glenn!

As I understand it, Glenn is out with the flu. Doug is filling in and that's why there's been line up changes.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Glenn!

Well, I know that's the reason they gave but it seems to me that there is more behind it than bringing a chief meteorologist up from DC just to "fill in" for Glen (who rarely is on at 11pm anyway)...

Glen was on the night before at 11 pm and seemed just fine...although he was sick a couple weeks ago...

We'll see.

Well, I know that's the reason they gave but it seems to me that there is more behind it than bringing a chief meteorologist up from DC just to "fill in" for Glen (who rarely is on at 11pm anyway)...

Glen was on the night before at 11 pm and seemed just fine...although he was sick a couple weeks ago...

We'll see.

Sheena is on vacation(Glenn ill) but couldn't they get one of the weekend people to fill in rather than ripping off Doug from DC?

Besides Glenn and a select few (non weather) NBC10 sucks. Once Glenn retires I'm out for weather and news. The station in general is a mess. The only good thing they've done recently is finally shiet-can Renee Chanault after 6+ months "leave" because of her corrupt husband and possibly herself as well. She was horrible... 

I think they are also down a person since Brittney Shipp left as well.