Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & Fringes - Autumn dawns

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Felt good for 2-4 and looks like it will work out just fine. Got some serious big fatties right now coming down. Adding up fast. It's cold out there. 

Yeah, I'm looking at 2+" now down by my way in MD. Took a bit to get going, but it's coming down great now. I'm off to bed. Enjoy the storm

Getting banded. Heavy snow, 27, 2.5". 

I'm surprised CTP didn't opt for some more advisories along the southern tier, especially with LWX bumping some of  their PA border counties below York/LNS up to warnings. There's a major gradient between the border and York and Lancaster looking at the the 511 cams. Goes from clear to snow covered roads in about 10 miles on I-83. The main show is of course, further south. Someone on the Dulles side of DC is probably seeing double digits by the time this wraps up later this morning.

I'm surprised CTP didn't opt for some more advisories along the southern tier, especially with LWX bumping some of  their PA border counties below York/LNS up to warnings. There's a major gradient between the border and York and Lancaster looking at the the 511 cams. Goes from clear to snow covered roads in about 10 miles on I-83. The main show is of course, further south. Someone on the Dulles side of DC is probably seeing double digits by the time this wraps up later this morning.

Up to 4" here now. Last hour has been amazing. Less than 1/4 mile vis SN+. Massive flakes with small flakes too. Amazing event here. Been under 35dbz band for about 65mins now. 

Up to 4" here now. Last hour has been amazing. Less than 1/4 mile vis SN+. Massive flakes with small flakes too. Amazing event here. Been under 35dbz band for about 65mins now. 

Congrats! Have about 2" here so far, about 100 miles to the east of you. In the end a nice event for just north of the Mason Dixon line, for being on the northern edge.

Still light snow here but the final tally will be 3.2.  The ratios must be insane! For this time of year this was like Colorado ski country pixie dust.  While not impressive here, it does take my seasonal total to over 80 inches which is REMARKABLE!  At this point I'll take a HECS for a hundred, or bring on a hundred degrees because I am done with winter barring a HECS!  :maphot::snowing:

post-1187-0-99662700-1395061219_thumb.jp

Schools on a 2 hour delay down here but the roads ares still pretty bad.  Work shut down in Baltimore so I have a freebee!  The last several seasons have been pretty wild.  We have had snow on the ground around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Presidents Day, and now St. Patrick's Day.  As long as we avoid Memorial Day I'll stay sane!  Although last Memorial Day weekend was the coldest one I can remember.

post-1187-0-48315000-1395065619_thumb.jp

Schools on a 2 hour delay down here but the roads ares still pretty bad. Work shut down in Baltimore so I have a freebee! The last several seasons have been pretty wild. We have had snow on the ground around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Presidents Day, and now St. Patrick's Day. As long as we avoid Memorial Day I'll stay sane! Although last Memorial Day weekend was the coldest one I can remember.

1) Nice pic of kids!

2) I was up in Potter county on Memorial day last year and there was frost.

Schools on a 2 hour delay down here but the roads ares still pretty bad.  Work shut down in Baltimore so I have a freebee!  The last several seasons have been pretty wild.  We have had snow on the ground around Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Presidents Day, and now St. Patrick's Day.  As long as we avoid Memorial Day I'll stay sane!  Although last Memorial Day weekend was the coldest one I can remember.

great picture...you have certainly had a banner year for sure

Archived