Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NNE Thread: Heading into the Heart of Winter

powderfreak

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temps are coming down slowly but nothing sticking on any paved surfaces......

Nothing on the paved surfaces here yet, but everything else is getting covered. Looks to be a flash freeze later, hate to be on the roads during rush hour this evening.

Why does my metar to the left show 36 F? Do they only update on the hour? It's out of KIWI.

32.1°F

Nothing on the paved surfaces here yet, but everything else is getting covered. Looks to be a flash freeze later, hate to be on the roads during rush hour this evening.

Why does my metar to the left show 36 F? Do they only update on the hour? It's out of KIWI.

32.1°F

Yeah, the NWS only updates the data file once an hour.

Been snowing nicely all day but it hasn't amounted to anything.

32.1°F

Yeah, They update at 15 past the hour is what i understand, Intensity has picked up here SN, Starting to stick on some hard surfaces, Man your right about the flash freeze, Its going to be a nightmare.......

Yeah, They update at 15 past the hour is what i understand, Intensity has picked up here SN, Starting to stick on some hard surfaces, Man your right about the flash freeze, Its going to be a nightmare.......

Okay, I wondered. Checked an OB from Wiscasett just now and is showing 1/2 degree warmer than me right now. More in line with what I show at 31.1°F SN.

Had bare black top on my driveway earlier, it's now covered with fresh snow. Won't be long until side roads are covered.

Just got power back. The majority of Northfield was without power for a few hours for whatever reason.

It's been snowing since this afternoon and it's pushing moderate now with decent flake size.

2.0" new snow with 0.16" w.e. so far. Looks like we'll squeak about 3" out of it. Not bad.

Just got power back. The majority of Northfield was without power for a few hours for whatever reason.

It's been snowing since this afternoon and it's pushing moderate now with decent flake size.

2.0" new snow with 0.16" w.e. so far. Looks like we'll squeak about 3" out of it. Not bad.

Wow, 2" is pretty good. I don't know how long it's been snowing here but in Portland it started about 2:00 and had only started to stick on the parking lot as I was leaving at 4:30.

Looking at radar, does that stuff in upstate New York make it here?

Wow, 2" is pretty good. I don't know how long it's been snowing here but in Portland it started about 2:00 and had only started to stick on the parking lot as I was leaving at 4:30.

I don't know, It looks like it is coming off the lake.......

Hanover coop measured 6 from yesterday's storm... matches for me.

Yeah, that sounds about right from what I can tell around town.

I still want to know where this coop person is in Hanover. They're reporting 24" on the ground. Not sure if I buy that one or not....unless they're out by Moose Mountain....but I don't think they are. :huh:

Not sure. This is the first time I've had comp access since this morning. It doesn't seem to be modeled too well. There's more snow moving into SW NH right now that should make it up here. SPC mesoanalysis has the upstate NY region under some weak DPVA ahead of another weak s/w trough moving through that area. I don't think it makes it up here, but keep an eye on it.

Looks like your area sucked a bit in the BL for temps today. Our high was 33F and it's been hanging around 32F since 1pm. It pretty much was "sticking" from the get-go.

Event totals: 5.4” Snow/0.63” L.E.

Wednesday 1/19/2011 6:00 P.M. update: It snowed much of the day in Burlington, but I’m not sure how much it accumulated. I’d say the same sort of thing went on here, but the snow we did get is definitely fluffier than it had been. There’s still been some snow falling outside, and while it hasn’t been substantial in terms of accumulation, the radar suggest that there’s more coming in from the west.

Some details from the 6:00 P.M. observations are below:

New Snow: 0.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.04 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 17.5

Snow Density: 5.7% H2O

Temperature: 19.2 F

Sky: Light Snow/Flurries

Snow at the stake: 18.0 inches

Yeah, that sounds about right from what I can tell around town.

I still want to know where this coop person is in Hanover. They're reporting 24" on the ground. Not sure if I buy that one or not....unless they're out by Moose Mountain....but I don't think they are. :huh:

I don't believe 24 is on the ground... Maybe something like 16-20? I have zero idea on the coop. I know someone who measures, but he doesn't report. He, if anything, tends to get a little higher than the coop most often.

In other news, the GFS long term mos has a low of -18 on Sunday Night after a high of 8 on Sunday. Ice box.

Not sure. This is the first time I've had comp access since this morning. It doesn't seem to be modeled too well. There's more snow moving into SW NH right now that should make it up here. SPC mesoanalysis has the upstate NY region under some weak DPVA ahead of another weak s/w trough moving through that area. I don't think it makes it up here, but keep an eye on it.

Looks like your area sucked a bit in the BL for temps today. Our high was 33F and it's been hanging around 32F since 1pm. It pretty much was "sticking" from the get-go.

Yeah, I was checking out the meso sites this afternoon and my area was 38 or 39F when the rain started falling and took a couple three hours to lower enough for flakes to fall. Still longer before it accumulated. Win some, lose some. Part of the fun.

I like how the radar keeps building echoes to my west. I'll probably scratch out just over an inch out of this mess.

Archived