amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
NNE Thread: Heading into the Heart of Winter

powderfreak

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

h85 analysis from SPC shows the 0c line well back in Mass. I think you in northern VT stay snow for quite some time.

2" now at 1,550ft and 3" or just a bit more at 3,600ft

We've had rates up to 1"/hr this afternoon... thinking my 3-5" call is looking pretty good for the mountain.

Hopefully this firehose of moisture coming up from the ALB area keeps working over us. Ratios can't be any better than 10-12:1 as its relatively dense stuff. Hoping for 4-5" of dense pow before it shuts off.

Just got in. 5.8" here with 0.56" w.e....that was a whole day's sample. Just cleared the board.

20.7F and it looks like sleet is just starting to mix in. For the last 10 minutes we had some large aggregates.

That matches up well with me as you have probably had some compaction from all day. I am somewhere between 6.5 and 7, will soon measure. Bursts of heavy snow and large flakes for a while now, guessing c/o is close but if we get these heavy bursts we will stay snow. Radar shows a few more nice bursts coming. Would be nice to hit 8.

At home? Dunno. Out the door now though! :scooter:

I got a depth in H-Town of about 4.5 measuring the cars and new snow on top of old snow. My guess is that much of that was picked up between 10-1... Actual amount that fell is probably slightly different than that (probably higher by an inch... if last week's coop report is any indication).

Be interesting to see differences across the region.

Mod/hvy snow right now. At 5pm I had an additional 0.9" for a total of 6.7", but this is 1"/hr snows right now. If it keeps up like this through 6pm we'll be pushing 8". I'm guessing we changeover once the end of the heaviest precip on radar moves north. Looks like that line is around CON right now.

18 degrees and snowing lightly here. about 3/4 of an inch of fluffy accumulation after snowing for most of the late morning and afternoon. Local Met and my CAR point and click have me going over to plain rain for a while tonight and then back to snow tomorrow. Bleh. Downeast Maine and along the coast to my south, temps have held near or above freezing all day. Warm air hasn't had much success pushing in here just yet though. :weight_lift:

Hopefully I can pile up a few inches before the change to rain so I can continue to build snow pack on Friday.....assuming that storm stays close enough to do some damage.

Sleet is here. Probably a 50/50 mix now although most of the flakes are small.

Mark...tomorrow's snow is some leftover inverted trough bagginess. Hopefully the sfc is cold enough for accums.

Scott...the radar is a little "off" right now. I was snowing hard after the yellow pixels passed and then let up when they were over me.

Looks like I'll top off around 7.2". I'll probably clear everything off and let the sleet accumulate into my can.

Absolutely ripping snow right now in these 30dbZ mini-bands.

Yeah... it has been absolutely pouring snow in these heavier bands. This one is definitely the most intense so far... just billions of huge aggregates. Can tell its getting warm up there somewhere, but no sleet as far as I can tell. Just heavy snow. I know huge flakes can make it look like its snowing harder than it is, but it appears to be really coming down out there. Noticeable accumulation increase in the past half hour on the cars. Can't imagine what's happening up at the ski area 1,000-3,000ft above my head.

Got home just after 5:00 and found about 5 inches new on the ground. Shoveled the deck clean and then took my son out for a snowmobile ride. Was out for about an hour and went through some really heavy snowfall. Big flakes absolutely pouring out of the sky. The trails were really fun, with bumps softened by the new snow. Our ride ranged in elevation from about 800' to about 1500' and there was generally 4" - 6" of new snow on the trails. Got home at 6:30 and there was a fresh inch and a half on my deck. At this point there was some sleet mixed in with the snow and as of 20 minutes ago there was some light mix falling. Temp of 18 on my home thermometer.

Archived